Hilton Analyst, Social Media Communications in Addison, Texas
The Social Media Operations team is responsible for managing tools and social programs across the enterprise. The team is constantly iterating, identifying and responding to the latest social media and marketing trends, and building enterprise-level response. As a part of this team, the Social Media Communications Analyst will be primarily managing day to day content operations and marketing to drive awareness and engagement for the Hilton Suggests Travel blog and Lobby Buzz programs, as well as identifying opportunities to help make Hilton best in class in the social media and hospitality space. The Team Member will also take an active role in developing and sharing best practices with other Team Members and key communicators to improve enterprise-level awareness of core social platforms, programs and campaigns.
What will I be doing?
The Social Media Analyst will work with the Social Media Product Manager to lead in the execution, content creation and strategic growth of two (2) major enterprise programs, Lobby Buzz and Hilton Suggests. As we grow these programs, you will focus on creating and executing against key action plans to drive results, using platform tools to analyze data, demonstrate impact and optimize performance through a nimble ‘test and learn’ approach. The Social Media Analyst should also be able to support Hilton’s Team Members, Brands and portfolio of 4,400 hotels in broader enterprise social media efforts as we continue to develop the future direction of social at Hilton. This support will include action planning, education, content creation, response and analysis. The ideal candidate should be both creative and analytical and able to apply both traits to driving results.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Should have a good mix of experience in relevant areas, including social media and content creation
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on our Team Member social media advocacy platform and program, Lobby Buzz
- Drive internal awareness of Team Member advocacy program by launching internal campaigns, partnering with brands to launch exclusive content, and presenting to major stakeholder groups to increase registration and active participation
- Partner with Brands and key content contributors to develop content for the Team Member advocacy program to drive content discovery that leads to sharing
- Coordinate with Team Members to run the ongoing content calendar and review process to consistently publish Hilton Suggests Travel blog content
- Utilize social tools and reporting capabilities to analyze and present successes, opportunities and progress of Team Member participation in social media supporting Hilton
- Conduct live trainings, webinars, and recorded training as necessary to drive awareness of social programs to Team Members, Brands, Hotels and other stakeholders
- Respond to Team Member inquiries requesting information on how to use social platforms, accessing Lobby Buzz or escalations due to identified issues from social media requiring Hilton review and response
- Support the broader social team to work directly with hotels, brands and eCommerce on social media strategy efforts
- Keep up with social media trends and provide recommendations on how we can use those trends to inform strategy for Team Members, Brands and hotels
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of two (2) years of social media experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to travel as required (10%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality, or related field
- Hospitality industry experience
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with social agencies and vendors
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Brand Management
Title: Analyst, Social Media Communications
Requisition ID: USA012H5