McKesson Manager, Stakeholder Relations - Calgary in Alberta, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
To achieve McKesson Specialty’s growth objectives the Stakeholder Manager will develop networks and partnerships with physicians in the targeted therapeutic areas across the country to better defend and grow our business by building plans that add value, add scale, drive share and manage costs.
The Stakeholder manager will be responsible to create proposals to physicians in order to defend against competition and grow business in pharmacy and INVIVA and allows us to be positioned with manufacturer’s key stakeholders to improve position for future RFPs.
The Manger, Strategic Relationships is responsible for maintaining and building a relationship strategy and plan with Key Opinion Leaders (Physicians, Nurses, Oncologists, Specialists and others) that consistently delivers solutions that are integrated, synchronized and advantageous to the client and profitable to the Company.
• The Manager will represent SPS and INVIVA team to our KOL;s and delivers knowledge to them regarding the offerings of SPS and INVIVA
• Provide sales support and customer management and ensures that the department supports the strategy of the SPS business
• Developing, maintaining and communicating a formal account strategy and portfolio of key growth opportunities with strategic KOLs
• Proactive identification and communication of the customer's short term and long term strategic objectives;
• Keeps current on upcoming challenges, technology developments and products in business segments.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
• Represents the voice of customer to the senior management team on important/urgent issues;
• Building customer intimacy with the key senior level functional areas within the KOL’s accounts;
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
• Involves and coordinates necessary McKesson personnel to support achievement of customer needs while meeting performance objectives.
• Work with other Senior Management team members to ensure common understanding of current sales initiatives to ensure a good understanding of the customer’s needs: and actively seek feedback from other staff to ensure that initiatives strategically fit within the business.
• Actively gather competitive intelligence within the business environment, including client groups, competitors within the industry and government departments.
• Creates a database of Key Stakeholders and Review database to identify trends, issues regarding performance of program services
• Assist in the implementation of new pharmaceutical product launches with respect to the pharmacy services across Canada.
Knowledge & Experience
• An Undergraduate Pharmacy, Nursing or health care related degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry sales or clinical programs in key areas and knowledge of KOL’s.
• Ability to manage junior associate Stakeholder managers and other allied support staff.
• Strong knowledge of Specialty Pharmaceuticals.
• Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to create and defend a business case;
• Demonstrated experience in developing strategic account strategy.
• Demonstrated experience negotiating contracts;
• Solid experience in working with and communicating strategies and opportunities to an executive, account management, and business unit operations teams; Interpersonal:
Other skills and requirements
• A professional, confident, and strategic relationship builder;
• Strong executive presence, ability to deal with senior executives and manage their accounts.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills;
• Positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach;
• Exercises sound knowledge and good judgment;
• Accountable and results oriented;
• Collaborative and capable of functioning with confidence and credibility at the senior level of the client.
Other job specific requirements:
• Ability to travel up to 80% within Canada.
• Drivers License.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Manager, Stakeholder Relations - Calgary
Requisition ID: 17006151