McKesson Strategic Account Manager Pharmachoice in Alberta, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for building an account strategy that consistently delivers solutions that are integrated, synchronized and advantageous to the client and profitable to the Company. The SAE is the face of the company to our customers and delivers knowledge to them regarding the offerings of all McKesson. The SAE maintains and expands relationships with customer and is responsible for achieving and maintaining sales and assigned strategic account objectives.
The Strategic Account Executive will have a strong understanding of McKesson’s total capabilities and services, and will work with key senior level stakeholders within the client organization and the internal McKesson team to identify and build strategic, long term business.
• Establish joint business plan with accounts, based on needs assessment, alignment of priorities, joint road mapping with clear accountabilities and customer relevant score cards/metrics.
• Ensure full knowledge of account organization and establish links between the two organizations.
• Developing, maintaining and communicating a formal account strategy and portfolio of key growth opportunities.
• Responsible for the profits and losses of accounts within McKesson.
• Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
• Proactive identification and communication of the customer's short term and long term strategic objectives;
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
• Leading on-going communication and meetings between McKesson leadership team and the strategic account's senior management team, to foster customer intimacy and ensure the client is aware of McKesson’s range of capabilities, successful track record, and long term commitment to the clients' priorities;
• Proactive and timely identification of the strategic account developments or requests and the communication and ongoing discovery of new service/solution opportunities;
• Representing the voice of customer to the McKesson’s senior leadership team on important/urgent issues;
• Building customer intimacy with the key senior level functional areas within the strategic account;
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
• Achieves sales/profitability objectives for the Strategic Accounts.
• Involves and coordinates necessary McKesson personnel to support achievement of customer needs while meeting performance objectives.
• Define internal account support needs and optimal delivery structure and governance.
• Ensure tracking of all customer projects across McKesson departments.
• Ensure contract understanding and execution across all relevant departments are McKesson.
• Ensure full transparency of customer scorecard.
• Provide customer with regular updates on market, regulatory environment and McKesson Businesses.
• An Undergraduate degree; MBA preferred. Experience in a General management role.
• Strong knowledge of McKesson Canada’s offerings and divisions.
• Possesses service knowledge and existing key strategic relationships with executives in key operational areas.
• Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to create and defend a business case;
• Demonstrated experience in developing strategic account strategy.
• Demonstrated experience negotiating contracts;
• Solid experience in working with and communicating strategies and opportunities to an executive, account management, and business unit operations teams;
• Strong leadership skills, can lead, inspire, mentor, develop and guide a team of professionals.
• Comprehensive understanding of McKesson services and capabilities and best practice associated with supply chain management.
• Comprehensive understanding of regulatory environment and specific implications for both McKesson and customer.
• A professional, confident, and strategic relationship builder;
• Strong executive presence, ability to deal with senior executives and manage their accounts.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills;
• Strategic perspective with an ability to effectively manage the details;
• Positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach;
• Ability to influence with or without authority;
• Exercises sound knowledge and good judgment;
• Accountable and results oriented;
• Performance management capabilities.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Sales/Client Management
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Strategic Account Manager Pharmachoice
Requisition ID: 17004796
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Toronto