Frontier Communications MGR, IT DEVELOPMENT in ALLEN, Texas
Manager Application Development (AS400 – RPG, Java)
The development manager will be responsible for providing technical direction and leadership to a team of 10 to 15 individuals in the area of application development. The manager will be responsible for overseeing all stages of the SDLC to deliver solutions that result in modernizing our AS400 platform. This position will require exceptional business and technical acumen to understand our objectives so you can successfully lead architecture, design, and development efforts.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- * Oversee development on the team with overall responsibility for underlying architecture of the code. Perform code reviews and interface between PMO, Business Stakeholders, and the development team*
- * Advise senior leadership, business stakeholders, and application developers on requirements, design, and development for the platform. The expectation is that the manager will be responsible for overall solution delivery to business stakeholders. This includes managing the software lifecycle for project, scope, and budget.*
- Quickly learn Frontier’s business processes surrounding network inventory, network provisioning, service qualification, and facility assignment
- Provide support for Frontier’s core applications through analysis, design, and development
- Obtain a deep understanding of Frontier’s order entry, billing, and inventory system so that you can architect, design, and develop long term strategic solutions to our most critical initiatives
- Implement modern best practices for development on the iSeries platform. Transform our current development stands and practices to utilize modern techniques
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems, coupled with analytical and debugging skills necessary to analyze issues related to RPGLE and CLLE, ability to modify programs, write fix programs to correct data, if necessary.
- Experience with RPGIV-ILE and RPG FREE FORM, CL and CLLE, service programs and/or modules, and Embedded SQL. Familiar with iSeries OS for navigation and resolving compile issues which may be related to OS errors
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, attend and contribute to internal technical meetings, and assist in mentoring and training of other technical resources in the department.
- Successful candidate will have high standards for service to users/customers and be team oriented.
- Language/Framework: RPG (IV/ILE Free), CL, DDS, DDL, SQL, iSeries Query
- Databases: DB2/400
- Source Control: Turnover, Aldon, or equivalent for change management
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
- Toolsets (experience with one or more): Hawkeye, DBU, X-Analysis, Rational Developer
- QueryAS400 Table Driven Query, SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or 4 years of experience
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal presentation, and organizational communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Experience with Java is desired – the plan is to refactor and transition some RPG code on the 400 to either Java or SQL depending on the complexity and resource consumption of the function
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications business processes and network topologies
- Expert on outside plant facilities and central office equipment
- In-depth knowledge of network provisioning, and advanced technical support functions
DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Telecommunications or Cable Operator background
- Previous work as a project manager and application developer
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
- Ability to lead a team of people
- Ability to teach experienced developers different methodologies
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Ability to work within a team of people
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and orally with upper management, developers, project managers, and other parts of the business
- Ability to participate in the shaping of the team's focus and vision
Some travel may be required to coordinate with teams across the country.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK & DECISION-MAKING RESPONSIBILITY
Diverse, non-routine duties requiring the exercise of judgment to determine action to be taken to resolve individual problems, within standard practice.
Job Location: ALLEN, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 318731-798