Frontier Communications QA Lead- Video Platform Development in ALLEN, Texas
The Video Platform Development team is seeking a QA lead to help improve our video products. We’re looking for a hands-on leader with a passion for quality and a great understanding of large-scale service engineering projects who can utilize industry-standard QA/Automation tools and platforms with the goal of 100% automated testing and reduction of regression test cycles. Testing the video product is a complex process involving an array of services, devices and features. In this role, the candidate will be challenged in test engineering. The candidate must have a strong development and video broadcasting domain background, possess excellent leadership skills, be a pro-active, solution-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have a proven track record in testing, software lifecycle and technical team management.
- Provides Technical Leadership and Strategic Direction to the Testing Organization
- Responsible for Testing/Automation Strategy formulation, planning, development and execution, also help in overall test plan development
- Responsible for the overall quality of deliverables across all parameters, both functional and non-functional including performance, security, usability, etc.
- Expected to pro-actively analyze current processes and practices and suggest/ drive improvements. Also, defines processes as needed
- Work as the counterpart to the development architect, involved in driving organization-wide Quality Process initiatives and their implementation to ensure Quality of deliverables
- Involved in understanding Business requirements and works with the development architect to translate requirements into solution architecture designs. Reviews requirements and seeks clarity as required, participates in product design reviews and works with the development architect and development team to make any design improvements and refinement as needed. Helps incorporate Testability requirements into design
- Responsible for design & development of the Test Automation framework / harness any in-house tools required.
- Understand and support to software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Define, Observe, Analyze and Report on key QA Metrics.
- Collaborates effectively & on an on-going basis with all constituents involved in product development & release activity including development, testing, technical publications, marketing, program management and other entities to ensure execution & deliverables per plan
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process.
- Lead team improvement initiatives and projects, including team tools, process changes, and test automation.
- Lead continuous Integration with test ops in an agile environment.
- Analyzes competitive products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions (may use demos, pocs) to influence product / technology direction
- Has overall product knowledge and is able to guide both junior and senior team members
- Influences Technical direction and use of technologies after making necessary evaluations
- Pro-actively seeks to make continuous improvements to test coverage, execution and automation
- Results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
- Participates in test planning for all products handled by the organization and owns the test artifacts such as test specs, code, etc.
- Maintains a “big and complete” picture view of the product, its dependencies, organizational goals, technology arena, etc. and helps guide & direct the functioning of the team appropriately
- Experience with Set Top Boxes, mobile and streaming devices
- Experience creating test frameworks
- Has driven Automated Testing
- Fluent in Agile methodologies
Required Experience: Frontier’s new LinkedIn group highlights what is happening within the technology industry and also showcases the opportunities available at Frontier. We encourage you to become a member and share it with your network connections as well. The page will show trends which are emerging within technology, and as a member of the group you will also have the ability to share questions, ideas, or articles with the rest of the community. It is simple and fast to become a member! Click the link below and then log into LinkedIn using your email and password. Once you are logged in you will be directed to the group landing page, and in the top right-hand corner of the page you will see a “Join” button. After selecting, you will have access within a few hours. Join our LinkedIn Group, Frontier Technology: Networking, Forum, and Jobs.
Job Location: ALLEN, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 319059-798