Frontier Communications SPCLST, NOC I in ALLEN, Texas
The NOC Specialist I will be responsible for surveillance and initial triage across the Frontier foot print. Ensure adherence to service level commitments, leading continuous process improvement initiatives to improve productivity and professional development. Utilize all tools and training to ensure that overall team responsibilities and company objectives are being met. Assume responsibility for maintaining all network outages, and assist team members with identifying troubles and working through till resolution.
Manage and facilitate surveillance and initial triage for all network nodes within the FTR NOC organization. This includes ensuring that all outage, problems and standard service requests are answered, resolved, and/or escalated in accordance with service level commitments.
- Strong ability to communicate with other groups and management teams.
- Ability to work unsupervised and establish priorities based on team guidance and goals
- Provide good customer service etiquette and the ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, peers and management.
- A strong dedication to provide quality services during high priority issues
- Candidate must be able to talk confidently and exhibit network knowledge
- Professional communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to perform with confidence and diplomacy when manage any escalation or outage
- Ability to work in a team environment, strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, analyze and solve problems/activities with minimal work direction.
- Able to effectively work in a 24x7 environment.
- Strong focus on continuous quality improvement and decision making ability
- Ability to multitask and work several high priority issues simultaneously
- Ability to track outages and document written root cause analysis
- Ability to handle high intensity issues and support business continuity operations
- Ensure regulatory and FCC compliance is met
- Have the ability to answer technical and procedural questions.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong analytic aptitude
- Candidates must be willing to understand the Frontier Operational directory and be able to identify key members to engage during outages
Candidate must be proficient in one of the two categories below:
- Strong working knowledge of transport equipment and the essential skills needed to assist in isolating and troubleshoot Layer 1 and serial circuits with central office and or field technicians.
- Broad knowledge of engineering standards, serial and interoffice circuits, and network equipment while data basing the inventory and design system.
- Broad knowledge of Ethernet Basic Principles.
- Working knowledge in Telecom Network topics: OSI Layers, Ethernet, IP, MPLS, spanning tree, networking, routers, switches, and routers.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems that span multiple domains (applications, network and hardware)
- Position requires detailed organization to detail and be highly motivated with and handling multiple outages simultaneously.
- Knowledge of OSI network Protocol/layer; Ethernet, HDLC, PPP, MPLS, CDP, LLDP, IPv4, IPv6, IP Sec, BGP, OSPF, TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP, SSH, SNMP, Telnet, TFTP, ATM, Frame Relay
Strong working knowledge of the following equipment, this includes but is not limited:
- Alcatel-Lucent - 7210,7750,7330, 7450, and 5620SAM
- Adtran - TA5000, TA1148/1248
- Calix -C7, E5, E7
- Cisco - 6509, ASR9010,3750 and 4900 series
- Juniper - ERX1440, E320, M320, MX480
- Naviscore- CBX500
It will also be advantageous for candidates to have an understanding of TDM switching
Desired Switch Components
Working knowledge of the following equipment, this includes but is not limited:
- DMS 10
- DMS 100
- GTD 5
- Soft switches
All candidates must actively engage in training to become proficient in the above three categories. All candidates must be willing to excel in the above categories and act as SME’s on the outage management team
Outage management team members must be knowledge in systems such as: M6, various EMS’s, SIMPL, Nagios, DSLNET, SNMPC, Solarwinds, IP Master List.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Associate's degree in telecommunications or related field or equivalent training/educating required. 3-5 years’ experience required. Ability to think critically and work independently. Ability to communicate complex issues to outage bridge participants and management. Demonstrate excellent customer service through all forms of communication.
Required Skills: Frontier’s new LinkedIn group highlights what is happening within the technology industry and also showcases the opportunities available at Frontier. We encourage you to become a member and share it with your network connections as well. The page will show trends which are emerging within technology, and as a member of the group you will also have the ability to share questions, ideas, or articles with the rest of the community. It is simple and fast to become a member! Click the link below and then log into LinkedIn using your email and password. Once you are logged in you will be directed to the group landing page, and in the top right-hand corner of the page you will see a “Join” button. After selecting, you will have access within a few hours. Join our LinkedIn Group, Frontier Technology: Networking, Forum, and Jobs.
Job Location: ALLEN, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 318765-798