Northrop Grumman Quality Engineer 3 in Apopka, Florida
Quality Engineer 3
Requisition ID: 17000947
Location(s): United States-Florida-Apopka
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Quality Engineer 3 to join our team. This position will be located in Apopka, FL (Orlando, FL).
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Assurance organization responsible for defining and monitoring program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures.
• Conducts software inspection, testing, verification and validation.
• Implements software development and maintenance processes and methods.
• Ensures measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
• Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives.
• Ensures that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contract.
• Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements. Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies.
• Performs or directs verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
• Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of L&AC4ISR programs.
• Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Collaborates with Program Management and provides assessment of program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance.
• Processes and dispositions Program Material Review Board actions.
• Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and root cause corrective action.
• Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are implemented.
• Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
• Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
• Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
• Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
• May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
• May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
• Minimum 5 Years with BS in an engineering discipline or related scientific field (STEM) with 2 Years relevant (manufacturing, engineering, quality) experience or a relevant Master’s degree
• Knowledge of QA System specifications/standards
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project)
• Proficiency and knowledge in sampling and statistical techniques
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement principles
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Software Engineering Experience, Background or Degree
• Certified Training (Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt) in Six Sigma and CI methodologies
• Experience in DoD environment
• Current Secret Clearance
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Quality Engineer 3
Requisition ID: 17000947