HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Orthopedics in Arlington, Texas
Manager of Orthopedics / Ortho / Med Surg
To direct and coordinate the departmental function and plan for the delivery of patient care while containing costs. To maintain working conditions which enhance the competence, autonomy and accountability of the employees on the unit. To ensure adherence to hospital and departmental business/strategic plan and to nursing procedures , standards and practices. As a member of the Medical City Arlington team, the employee makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital through patient care/treatment with consideration of the age/condition of the patient. Patient population served include early adult to geriatric adult. The employee performs additional tasks/activities as assigned.
Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process; requires knowledge, ability and judgement necessary to:
* Exercise judgement within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
* Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
* Create or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards. * Promotes effective communication within the multi-professional team. * Requires understanding of management and delegation principles. * Performs additional assignments/activities as assigned.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Recent experience at the level of staff nurse, preferably within the last two years. Additional significant experience in area of specialty is preferred.
- Three years of management experience preferred.
- Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager of Orthopedics
Location: Texas-Arlington-Medical City Arlington
Requisition ID: 00015-94704