CACI International Business Intelligence Developer in Arlington, Virginia
Business Intelligence Developer
The BI developer will learn and understand the client’s data. The BI Developer is expected to help end users draw insight into their data. RESPONSIBILITIES include creating dashboards, reports, visualizations, algorithms, and tools to solve interesting business problems for users across the enterprise. You will need to be a sharp coder and able to identify problems in complex data. You should know the difference between clear visualizations and confusing ones.
• Understanding the business stakeholder’s objectives, the metrics that are the most important to them, and how they measure their performance.
• Turning business requirements into technical requirements.
• Finding and understanding the correct data sources for a given analysis.
• Building sematic data layers using advanced SQL and PL/SQL methods, OLAP Cubes, Business Objects Universes.
• Coding and creating impactful reports, interactive dashboards, and visualizations using Business Objects Design Studio 1.6, BO Webi 4.2, Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau and other BI Tools.
• Learning from, and sharing knowledge and skills with your teammates to grow BI’s total impact to the organization.
• Experience with Business Objects Installation and configuration
• Experience in Business Objects WebI 4.2
• Experience in Business Objects Design Studio 1.6
• Experience in Microsoft PowerBI
• Experience in Tableau
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL
• A current Secret Clearance
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
• Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes, including the Data Vault 2.0 methodology
• Knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
• The ability to integrate geospatial components into dashboards and reports
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior stakeholders
• Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
• Sensitivity to clients' needs and able to develop warm client relationships
• Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
• Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data
• Experience with reporting, descriptive statistics, probability, and cleansing datasets
• Willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
• Enjoyment from collaborating with others in team environment
• Eagerness to learn
• Drive and self-reliance
• A current Secret or higher Clearance
• The position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT field, and 5 to 7 years of related experience.