Thermo Fisher Scientific Final Inspector - 2nd Shift in Asheville, North Carolina
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Conducts the final inspection before releasing unit for shipment. Inspects for appearance, conformance and assures that all components are securely and properly installed according to company quality standards and design specifications. Verifies all documentation is complete and accurate.
Matches the product order with the available stock units. Verifies any changes on orders with the Business Support Team prior to shipment. Verifies accessories with orders, and checks packaging of these accessories to assure safe delivery.
Visually inspects units for any visual/cosmetic defects and for determining correct application of parts, accessories, components and workmanship to include, but not limited to handles, lids, doors, connections, clamps, gaskets, scratches, dents and dings.
Assures that all paperwork, including manuals, diagrams, caution sticker, schematics and logos are properly attached to the unit and are accurate.
Verifies accuracy of all data plate information and affixes same to unit, assuring proper voltage and charge are included as well as UL and C.S.A. tag.
Performs in-process inspections as requested.
Coordinates final shipments with crating coordinator and notifies production coordinator of units ready for shipment.
Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
While performing product inspections, documents all material deficiencies that prevent units from being released for shipment. Collates this data into graphic form for trend analysis and eventual production process improvement initiatives. May be required to train production personnel on process improvement initiatives in order to reduce material deficiencies occurring in the inspection area.
Establishes a strong working relationship with cleaning personnel assigned to the respective product line. Trains cleaning personnel on quality inspection procedures to improve their overall effectiveness and performance.
Maintains cleanliness of the immediate work area.
Performs other duties as required by supervisor
Must be familiar with all styles of freezer, refrigeration and hot products produced by the company
Must be familiar with the basic requirements of a quality product and follow detailed go/no go or pass/fail criteria as needed.
Must have basic clerical skills of typing and filing.
Must be familiar with computer software to include Microsoft Work and Excel for data collection purposes.
- Minimum of three months is required to become proficient in most aspects of this job, with prior refrigeration training and/or experience helpful.
Initiative and Ingenuity:
- This position is the final production process. The successful candidate must bear in mind that it is not only imperative that all non-conforming product be prevented from further processing, but all material that does pass all tests must be processed on a daily basis.
- Will be required to move functionally finished product from one location to another repeatedly throughout the day. Will also be required to perform this task on various production lines depending on staffing considerations.
Responsibility for Equipment:
- Uses hand and measurement tools common to normal manufacturing. Must use sound practices and good judgement in operating this equipment to ensure proper use and maintenance.
Responsibility for Material and Product:
- Must handle and process completed and semi-completed products so that they are not damaged during or as a result of normal movement.
- Exposed to potential of electrical shock, freezer and heat burns and other injuries from contact with electrical components and components under pressure.
Responsibility for Others:
- Often required to assist in other test areas or production locations.
- Exposed to normal factory environment, with no disagreeable factors present.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.