Thermo Fisher Scientific Lead Project Manager, Product Complexity Reduction in Asheville, North Carolina
Responsible for building and executing a Strategy for product rationalization. The goal is to reduce complexity of SKUs across the division while continuing to support customer needs and provide framework for appropriate strategic financial decisions. This role will act as the Lead Project Manager, working with Product Management of all LPD business units, Operations, Supply Chain, R&D and Finance to create and drive this strategy. The final decisions will remain with product management and the business leaders; but this role is critical in analyzing and presenting the data
the entire value chain from data collection, analysis, reduction scenarios, business unit recommendations – and managing the plan through acceptance, implementation and final impact & results.
· Partner with Product management, operations, R&D, commercial, engineering and finance to assess business needs and define strategy.
· Prepare project plan for pricing, discounting and SKU discontinuation, work across the business units and functions to execute.
· Project Manage the entire value chain from data collection to final impact & results.
· Develop analytics to ensure the tools for the global LPD system serve the needs of all functions.
· Create predictive models to estimate future revenue impact and timing for recommendations.
· Create reviews and tracking routines to evaluate effectiveness of complexity improvements from customer’s feedback through the data collection system.
· Actively lead/manage SKU reduction projects across sites. Track and reporting of actions and savings.
· Calculate operational hard and soft savings resulting from SKU rationalization, and be able to attribute savings to specific manufacturing locations.
· Define data collection requirements and, in conjunction with Supply Chain Analytics, institute effective data collection systems and user interfaces (ie, SAP, BAAN, Sales Data Warehouse, COGNOS, Salesforce.com CRM).
· Create and execute training modules to enable the various functions to update and access product portfolio information.
· Analyze data to identify product / manufacturing process complexity and/or improvements by recommending solutions that improve gross margin and satisfy customer requirements.
· At least 4 years of progressive Project Management and Business Analytics with a focus on a diverse global manufacturer (previous experience supporting a multi-facility and multi-business unit commercial organization strongly preferred).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Engineering / Science required.
· Master’s Degree in preferred.
· Product design and marketing familiarity, a plus as role will require interface with business unit experts.
· Electro-mechanical comprehension sufficient to understand the operation of production equipment and facility systems and to engage in problem-solving discussions on products produced.
· Financial literacy sufficient to understand Financial Statements and Budgets.
· Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, advanced Excel and Access skills, and understanding of ERP systems.
· Demonstrated passion for knowing and meeting customer requirements. Roll-up sleeves approach.
· Proven record of partnering with cross-functional management to drive cost and productivity/efficiency improvements.
· Strong analytical, mathematical, and statistical skill set.
· Strong business and strategic acumen.
· Ability to correlate results from data analysis to services processes and to suggest improvements.
· Strong process orientation, with the ability to create scalable numerical models.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· High-energy self-starter with strong drive for results
· Ability to travel 60%, including international
· Two years of Project Management Experience
· Two Years of Operations Experience. Engineering, Quality, Materials, Supervision
· Excellent critical thinking, project management, analytical, communication, presentation skills
· Ability to move beyond the data to understand the operational and strategic implications of business decisions while maintaining a strong grasp of the details (leads and manages systemic change efforts)
· Effective communicator that can influence a matrix organization at varying leadership levels (provides information clearly and concisely). Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills.
· Capable of developing high levels of credibility and forging solid and positive professional relationships (subordinates, peers, and upper management); strong interpersonal skills.
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.