Comcast Analyst 1, Advertising Research in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Job Summary :
Comcast Spotlight is looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intellectually curious individual to join our research team. Partners with multiple teams of advertising sales and research professionals to compile and translate market research into insightful, compelling sales stories that strategically position the value of Comcast Spotlight's suite of marketing solutions. Has the ability to translate findings into simple reports and presentations and has a basic understanding of advertising research data, standards, and practices.
- Assists in accurately compiling and analyzing large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information/data using appropriate software from all research tools that support Spotlight's suite of products, with particular focus on assigned areas of expertise.
- Identifies complex issues (conflicting data, client objections, industry trends, etc.) and offer solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Generates data-driven solutions using standardized materials with minor customization for current and potential customer key marketing challenges and develops the ability to articulate the research to clients.
- Acquires and applies a basic understanding of selling process and strategic use of qualitative and quantitative research tools.
- Conduct effective and comprehensive information searches as needed from research tools that support a client-focused approach to Spotlight's multi-screen product offerings for appropriate clients.
- Participates in the strategic account planning, key account meetings and participates in client calls to position research in markets for which they are responsible.
- Receive guidance and training on Product/Solution/Category/Multiscreen initiatives.
- Some travel required to sales offices.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams and department leadership to create research presentations and summaries.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Strata View, etc.) and/or syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.)
- Understands fundamentals media measurement, research and local cable advertising.
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Solid presentation skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer