Eaton Corporation Director, Engineering, Platform Connectivity Leader in Atlanta, Georgia
Eaton's Lighting Division is looking for a Director, Engineering, Platform Connectivity Leader located in Midtown Atlanta, GA or Peachtree City, GA. Reporting to the CTO / VP Engineering for Eaton's Lighting Division, the Platform Connectivity Leader will be responsible for executing the groups system and software development activities aligned with the Connected Lighting Internet of Things strategy for a full segment. This will include on-time delivery of high quality software programs and edge computing devices. developed by the in-house team as well as leveraging the Eaton Software Center of Excellence, Eaton India, and third party organizations. This role further encompasses platform specific software technology architecture road mapping at the forefront of the Internet of Things including mobile device integration, visual light communication, beaconing, augmented reality, modular code frameworks, and others enabling technologies while establishing common software platforms & toolsets and coordinating the UX/UA and functionality of Eaton Lighting Systems software products. This position will work closely with the business unit engineering leaders, Eaton software center of excellence, Eaton India, system & software validation, program management and sustaining personnel to develop the products in an organized and expedient fashion. This leader will play a critical role in ensuring Eaton delivers a high quality product, using world class software, rigorous system validation testing, with clear documentation in one of Eaton’s fastest growing business segments.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 10 years in system engineering or product development. Real time control system engineering is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership role; tactical and strategic including development, integration and architecture
• MS Degree in Computer Science from an accredited institution
• Full understanding of the development stack, data modeling and clean code
• Background in hands-on, software development; including requirements, design, coding, debugging and test
• Excellent understanding of project/program management principles including Agile, Scrum, and Continuous Integration.
• Experience with vendor and contract management
• Knowledge of system engineering principles
• Knowledge of third party certification standards
• Proven track record of successfully delivered solutions
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Excellent leadership, teambuilding, organizational transformation and collaboration skills
• Superior ability to align solutions with business objectives using sound judgment
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
JOBTITLE: Director, Engineering, Platform Connectivity Leader
DIVISION: EPG LD Lighting Division