McKesson Implementation Specialist, Macro Helix in Atlanta, Georgia
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At Macro Helix, we are a leader in providing 340B software focused on helping customers improve financial performance, increase operating efficiencies and maintain regulatory compliance.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Macro Helix division has an opening for an Implementation Specialist. This position will ideally be based in our Atlanta or Dallas office but may be remote based. This position requires 60% overnight travel.
Macro Helix helps hospitals and health care systems improve the operational and financial performance of their pharmacy service offerings. Our solutions help clients reduce drug costs, increase reimbursements and maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
The Installation Manager is a client-facing position that is responsible for implementation and training of high-quality, sustainable 340B solutions to hospitals and health systems across the country. They provide technical sales support for the pharmaceutical sales team in establishing new customer relationships through the strategic use of technology.
Responsible for providing knowledge-based, content or technical expertise for the development and implementation of customer applications or solutions dealing with complex software applications. May make presentations on all aspects of products. Assists sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications. Implements detailed customer installation plans. May provide follow-up support in disseminating knowledge-based, content or technical information on specific applications or solutions.
• Provide strategic support for 340B Architecture initiatives that require field technical support and implementation efforts.
• Provide system integration that helps tie McKesson systems into customer systems in a way that promotes longer term supply relationships with those customers.
• Provide technology sales leadership and support throughout assigned region that significantly improves the value perceived by customers of McKesson technology and helps the sales force sell the technology.
• Develop and deliver presentations targeted to the potential customer.
• Create/present project implementation plans to customers for 340B Architecture.
• Offer technical assistance at customer sites when necessary
• Provide focal point contact for internal communications and escalation of issues for the 340b Architect product and associated business operations.
• Develop processes and tools required to facilitate product optimization.
• Conduct customer assessments to determine baseline data required to quantify optimization results.
• Conduct post implementation optimization and presentation of results.
• Establish timely, clear, task and engagement expectations.
• Provide adequate, proactive planning to address any customer performance and/or satisfaction issues.
• Perform onsite assessment and optimization work to ensure customer is maximizing value of product
• Maintain a high level of communication with all levels of client interaction to ensure proactive, solution-oriented problem identification and resolution.
• Demonstrate a detailed understanding of product integration, system conversion and interfaces.
• Ability to relate user policy guidelines to product features and functions.
• Analyze and accumulate product enhancement recommendations providing customer feedback to the product development teams.
• Capability to assist in resolution of discrepancies between user policies and software functionality through technical solutions or policy re-engineering
4 years of specific knowledge-based, content or product applications engineering experience
• 7-8 years of experience in pharmacy operations (other acceptable experience includes hospital revenue cycle, drug distribution, healthcare payers/PBSs or hospital group purchasing organizations)
• Project Management experience
• Microsoft Office proficiency – especially MS Excel
• Working knowledge of EDI and other interfacing / integration industry standards
• Proficiency in the utilization of Web based training applications
• Working knowledge of the rules and regulations of 340B compliance
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Detailed knowledge of content, knowledge-based or technical marketing support for the development and implementation of customer applications.
• Prior technical sales experience preferred but not required
• Strong computer proficiency in MS Project and GotoMeeting strongly desired. Other skills include PowerPoint, Visio and Access
• Pharmacy Tech License highly preferred
• Working knowledge of SQL, Interface Protocols and Networking.
BS degree required.
•Pharmacy Tech license preferred but not required
General Office Demands
Ability to travel up to 60%
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Product Applications Engineer3
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Implementation Specialist, Macro Helix
Requisition ID: 17006935
Other Locations: United States, United States-Texas-Dallas