Eaton Corporation Lead Embedded Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Eaton located in midtown Atlanta is searching for Lead Firmware Engineer. The Lead Firmware Engineer is responsible for the conceptualization, engineering and software specification of new product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for performance, cost, and functionality for Lighting Control products.
Develop Engineering and Software Specification for Lighting Control Products.
Code firmware that enables the launch of new products including digital signal processing, control theory, proprietary or standards based communication protocols, FPGA’s and at times implementation of a control device on extremely low cost silicon.
Actively coordinate the embedded design with the electrical, power and enterprise software architecture throughout the product development cycle.
Actively coordinate the user experience vision and the embedded design throughout the product development cycle.
Ensure new products meet our customer’s needs:
Understand the customer needs by working with product management
Ensure the product specifications are complete, accurate and achievable
Design solutions that fulfill these needs and meet regulatory requirements
Validate the design through design reviews, product testing and detailed analysis
Incorporate support for the manufacturing, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the product / system
Protect intellectual property through patent disclosures
Active communication with the cross functional team to ensure schedule, cost and performance alignment
Support our team of global field commissioning engineers with technical challenges
Search for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)*
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
• Minimum 5 years of embedded product design experience
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Experience with revision control systems, preferably SVN
• Experience in wired networking and communication protocols – Ethernet, USB, RS485, CAN
• Experience in hardware development lifecycle
• Experience debugging microprocessor firmware using lab equipment such as logic analyzers, serial data analyzers and oscilloscopes
• Experience with schematic / PCB software, preferable OrCAD
• Experience with UL, IEC and FCC standards
• Experience with Cortex Processors and ARM microcontrollers.
• Experience with IAR or other compilers.
• Experience in C Language programming for embedded solutions
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Linux OS for embedded applications
• Knowledge of RF, digital and simple analog circuits
• Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
JOBTITLE: Lead Embedded Engineer
DIVISION: EPG LD Lighting Division