CACI International Linux System Administrator in Aurora, Colorado
BIT Systems Inc., a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
Summary: We are looking to expand our talented engineering team in the Aurora, Colorado area, specifically for a Linux System Administrator on our FADE program.
Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work as a technical expert in installing and maintaining a multitude of mission critical applications.
• Perform all facets of systems administration of a network supporting a variety of services on Linux servers.
• Deploy and maintain physical and virtual systems.
• Willing to support multiple programs requiring strong multitasking abilities.
• Candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter with ability to take ownership of assigned tasks.
• Experience providing support maintenance and security for Red Hat (RHEL) Linux
• Experience installing and configuring various COTS products
• Experience with configuration and management of LDAP
• Experience with virtualization
• Understanding of networks and strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
• Possess a positive, helpful, and professional demeanor
• Typically requires a Bachelor's of Science degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related area or equivalent, and 5-7 years of experience in a DoD Government environment. Military experience will be taken into consideration.
• Red Hat Certification
• Security+ Certification
• Exposure to GIT and Puppet configuration management
• Ability to monitor system resource usage and ensure adequate resources are available to meet the IT requirements through resource scheduling and new resources
• Monitor and track trouble tickets and change requests to ensure high quality customer service
• Experience with Puppet or similar operations management software
• Strong command skills and bash scripting, including kick starts & startup scripts, regular expressions
• Experience working with SAN and backup systems
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize work appropriately
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
Additional BITS Information:
BITS benefits are unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a tax-qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses.
We believe in healthy home/ work balance; both our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work-life. Check us out at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.