HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist PRN in Austin, Texas
Responsible for assisting with planning, organizing, directing, executing, and evaluating all aspects of the pharmacy services for the hospital. Interprets and processes physicians orders, performs drugs information, continuous quality improvement activities, participates in discharge planning and performs non-distributive services, such as drug-level monitoring, that are established by policy. In the absence of the Director, Pharmacy, supervises pharmacy personnel to ensure an efficient workflow in a positive work environment.
Flexible schedule to cover all shifts and weekend activities with on-call participation.
· Education: Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy.
· Licensure/ Certification Required : Current pharmacist's license issued by the State Board of Pharmacy. Sterile Products certification by an ACPE accredited program.
· Experience: Minimum of 1 year of hospital Pharmacy experience preferred.
· Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Performs at a proficient level, all tasks within the specialty area. Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility's computer system.
· Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must have ability to relate to diverse populations in an open, friendly and accepting manner
· Essential Physical Requirements: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Able to lift/push/pull patients to transport and/or reposition. Able to lift and carry equipment and supplies of 30 pounds or more. Working under stressful conditions and irregular hours, exposure to communicable diseases and potentially contaminated body fluids and bio-hazardous materials.
· Essential Mental Abilities: Requires good communication and organizational skills. Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Requires working with frequent interruptions. Able to comprehend and interpret complex clinical subject matter related to specialty. Able to perform necessary mathematical calculations for drug administration and to write clinical information at a college level.
· Essential Sensory Requirements: Requires corrected hearing and vision within a normal range and ability to distinguish color.
· Exposure to Hazards: Requires exposure to communicable diseases and potentially contaminated body fluids and hazardous materials. OSHA risk factor: Category I. Possible risk of physical injury due to moving machinery and supplies.
· Age-Specific Criteria: Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services to the age of the patients served in the hospital facility. Must also possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their specific needs.
· Other: Understands the mission and vision of the hospital. Operates within the concept of patient focused care. Evolves into an effective team member. Must adhere to dress code; good grooming and personal hygiene habits; and strict adherence to attendance policies. Maintains knowledge of and conforms to hospital policies and procedures. Employee must maintain satisfactory level of knowledge and skill in Age Specific Competencies for the appropriate patient population.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacist PRN
Location: Texas-Austin-Heart Hospital of Austin
Requisition ID: 25960-55565