HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Plant Ops Tech PRN in Austin, Texas
TITLE: Plant Operations Technician/Engineer
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:Contributes to the company’s mission, vision, and values by performing routine maintenance duties; serves as facility Safety Officer; coordinates preventive maintenance and inspections to assure compliance with applicable regulations; and maintains required documentation.This person will report to the Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, or designee
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Ensures proper working order of all routine maintenance needs.
· Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
· Assists in maintaining and repairing H.V.A.C. controls and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels in all environmentally controlled areas.
· Assists in replacing, installing, repairing and testing electrical circuits, equipment, appliances, and lighting systems as required.
· Performs urgent corrective, routine, and requisitioned repairs of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as required.
· Assists in maintaining emergency generator systems, as required per facility practices.
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Plant Manager’s role in fire, disaster and safety programs.
· Develops, coordinates, reviews, and implements the Center’s Safety Program.
· Schedules and performs fire and disaster drills in accordance with requirements.
· Uses Personal Protective Equipment as indicated by Center safety guidelines.
· Performs routine safety checks and inspections as required by regulatory guidelines and facility practices.
· Inspects fire extinguishers monthly and assures annual inspection for refill. · Tests and documents tests of emergency generator.
· The biomedical engineer will perform tests to ensure all new electrical equipment, including equipment that is the surgeon’s personal property, passes electrical safety inspection before it is placed in service.
· Adheres to OSHA guidelines for employee safety.
· Understands responsibility in maintaining appropriate logs, operation manuals, warranty information and capital equipment inventory on all equipment and systems.
· Maintains routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance, and repairs performed on facility equipment/systems (i.e. warranty information, inventory, contracts, and fire/disaster drills).
· Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the Continuous Quality Improvement and Risk Management programs as adopted by the surgery center.
· Disposes of all bio-hazardous waste as per Center guidelines.
· Assists with methods of improvement and policy revisions.
· Maintains and monitors linen par levels – places orders and stocks as appropriate.
· Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of all equipment and supplies.
· Ensures that all areas are neat and clean – including lobby, lounge, and dressing rooms, as facility practices require.
· Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Organization– Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
· Communication– Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally.
· Analytical Skills– Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
· Customer Orientation– Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
· Decision Making– Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
· Contributing to Team Success–**Actively participates as a member of the Center’s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Policies & Procedures– Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
· PC Skills– Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX – Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
· Technical Skills–Strong knowledge of electrical systems and general equipment maintenance; ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematic diagrams, and prepares specifications.
· Vocational technical training in mechanical repair is preferred.
· Minimum (1) year of experience in healthcare maintenance/engineering procedures (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
· Valid state drivers’ license may be required.
· BLS may be required as per facility standard.
Title: Plant Ops Tech PRN
Location: Texas-Austin-Bailey Square Surgical Center
Requisition ID: 07432-52401