HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Environemental Services Tech, Per Diem in Aventura, Florida
Environmental Services Tech Aventura Hospital & Medical Center Aventura, FL
Facility Description: Aventura Hospital is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility, providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more. Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you'll be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer! /Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
/We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance./
The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties as assigned:
* Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for Patients, their family and friends
* Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity and values of all patients and visitors.
* Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural steps.
* Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
* Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
* Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required duties.
* Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures related to the housekeeping function.
* Reads, understands and follows manufacturer's directions, complies with MSDS requirements, and follows Supervisor's, Director's or manufacturer's representative's additional directions, as appropriate for all chemicals and equipment used, both for personal safety, the safety of others and the protection of objects being cleaned.
* When entering an occupied patient room, observes patient’s rights by announcing himself or herself before entering.
* Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude. * Fosters team work by offering assistance to others. * Provides positive welcome to all clients and family members. * Acknowledges and responds tactfully to all requests. * Shows consideration in interaction with patients, family and other health care team members by demonstrating therapeutic listening skills and cooperation. * Communicates and interacts with others in a professional, responsible, cooperative, and positive manner at all times. * Protects confidentiality of hospital and patient information.
* Protects physical assets used in job, using supplies sparingly and accounting for them accurately, and protecting and maintaining equipment used. * Follows proper procedures for tagging and turning in found personal property. * Always posts wet floor sign when wet mopping floors or when liquids or spills are found on floors.
* Is alert to safety hazards and notifies supervisor or Plant Operations as appropriate of any potential hazards found. Documents in writing as necessary. * Completes assigned duties within shift.
* Notifies supervisor of any duties which, for any reason, could not be completed within shift so that they may be attended to during the next shift.
* Assists in other duties or areas of the department or hospital as requested.
* Follows departmental procedures when handling biohazardous waste, ensuring that all red bags are tied off and/or taped as per Infection Control policies and procedures.
_Job Qualifications:_ * Two years’ experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred. * Ability to read, write and converse in English required.
Title: Environemental Services Tech, Per Diem
Location: Florida-Aventura-Aventura Hospital %26 Medical Cntr-North Miami Area
Requisition ID: 01643-6569