Kaiser Permanente Dietitian I in Baldwin Park, California
Provides nutrition education & clinical services within established guidelines.
Essential Functions: - Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws - Participates in establishing department strategic goals & priorities - Assesses member needs, establishes priorities, designs, develops, recommends, updates, implements & evaluates programs, curriculum, materials (written & audiovisual), protocols, procedures & standards for health/nutrition education - Plans, participates & evaluates community events & coordinates use of community resources as appropriate - Implements nutrition care plans to include follow-up & referrals to government, community and/or other KP facilities for continuity of nutrition care - Educates/counsels members, family & caregivers regarding health & nutrition on an individual or group setting (classes) - Develops meal plans as appropriate to meet member's lifestyle, socio-economic background, age, culture, diagnosis & religious affiliation - Consults & educates physicians & other health care providers regarding member & population specific nutrition/health related issues - Participates in multidisciplinary care teams & committees - Collects data, plans, prepares & implements reports for performance improvement and/or quality assurance audits - Develops grants & proposals for health/nutrition programs - Plans, conducts & evaluates in-service education programs for department staff, the multidisciplinary care team & physicians - Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) - Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient, customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment, care planning & education for appropriate nutrition intervention - Develops, implements & monitors ongoing plan of care based on the screening & assessment of the patient specific nutrition care plans/education & based on the patient's age, nutrition & psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background & religious affiliation - Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services (usually 1 year) and/or hospital experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Food/Nutrition or related field.
- Must be a current Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if candidate has completed the Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND not more than six (6)months have passed since completing the SPP, AND candidate has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate must become a RD within six (6) months of completing the SPP to comply with California Law.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership Environment.
Preferred Qualifications: -Experience in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, CCS Paneled.
Notes: -This is a budgeted RD position for CCS Program. -Will help with increase in membership with additional in-patient admissions and out-patient appointments.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Dietitian ILOCATION Baldwin Park, CAREQNUMBER 538246
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.