Northrop Grumman SEIT&LE Strategic Staffing Manager (Mgr Systems Engineering 2) in Baltimore, Maryland
SEIT&LE Strategic Staffing Manager (Mgr Systems Engineering 2)
Requisition ID: 17000368
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Baltimore
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Strategic Staffing Manager for the Systems Engineering, Integration, Test and Logistics Engineering Organization. The Strategic Staffing Manager will support the Engineering Business Operations team for activities to ensure operation of the SEIT&LE organization as well as coordinate short- and long-term staffing needs across the hiring managers. Those activities include:
- Develop and maintain a process to ensure that future workload needs are understood and entered into Workload Forecasting tools
- Identify future critical skill sets and clearance needs and aligning department hiring accordingly
- Coordinate with the Engineering Management and Talent Acquisition organizations to support the hiring process
- Develop effective staffing metrics and brief the SEIT&LE Management team on staffing progress and trends
- Coordinate Staffing activities with the SEIT&LE hiring managers
- Support the Eastern Region Strategic Staffing Lead
- Support Pipeline University Recruitment activities including Interns and PDPs
- Support organizational strategy on contractors and support onboarding of individuals
- Coordination and support for other SEIT&LE Operations tasks as needed (NCTA, Capital, Communications)
This position will report to the Manager, Business Operations for the SEIT&LE organization.
Candidate must possess, at a minimum, a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering or 5 years of experience in functional management.
Candidates must have effective communication and presentation skills. Candidates must also have experience in the hiring and staffing process of a Matrix organization.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a Secret Level Security clearance.
- Master's of Science Degree
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a technical field (preferring Systems Engineering), as well as at least 5 years of experience in functional management.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Knowledge of Heritage NGAS, NGES and NGIS programs and engineering practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: SEIT&LE Strategic Staffing Manager (Mgr Systems Engineering 2)
Requisition ID: 17000368