Shell Retail Learning Advisor - India in Bangalore, India
Auto req ID 47334BR
Job Title Retail Learning Advisor - India
Country of Work Location India
City, State (if applicable) Bangalore
Work Location Bangalore - Retail Office
Company Description Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Retail Learning Advisor for India is a role that provides focused learning support to a key growth market that is part of an important cluster in the East region. The higher purpose of the Learning team is to instill a continuous learning mindset amongst Shell Staff, Retailers & Site Staff to ENABLE individuals to own their personal development and PROVIDE for themselves and their loved ones.
Retail Learning Advisor will support the Cluster Learning Advisor -India & Oman in delivering Retail India’s business agenda through development and operationalization of both internal and external people capability-building strategies for Shell Retail Staff, Retailers & Service Champions.
Provide the most appropriate learning solutions in line with business priorities, and to develop & demonstrate a strong understanding & visible expertise in the following areas:
Act as a Performance Consultant to a wide range of business and function (CoB/F) leaders & teams to support the delivery of business priorities through structured capability-building of staff within the Retail Organisation and Retailers.
Collaborate with key CoB/F Managers to establish learning needs and drive frontline capability development plans for Frontline Leaders and Retailers.
Deliver on agreed learning priorities in a manner that provides assurance of completion and quality with cost efficiencies to stakeholders within agreed timelines.
Enable Retail Shell Staff, Retailers and Site Staff to have access to required knowledge and skills to perform their roles competently with development solutions designed with them in mind.
• Identify learning needs and be the trusted adviser as a learning professional enabled through strong engagements and partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Design & develop creative, cost effective, fit-for-purpose and sustainable learning solutions that are in line with business requirements and local legislations.
• Deliver and evaluate learning programmes for the target learning audience. Key interventions include (but not limited to):
Indirect Workforce: Frontline Service Champions – Retailers, Shift Managers and Site Staff
Direct Workforce: Shell Staff across all functions in Retail India
o Range of Curriculum:
Product knowledge – Fuels, Lubes
NFR – Coffee, Lube bay operations, Category management
Supervisory (e.g. Coaching, Leadership development, Personal Effectiveness, etc)
Functional (Role specific, such as Service champion, Cashier, Lube bay technician, Shift manager, Cluster managers, Co-Locator, etc)
o Partner HR Account Manager to drive Country Learning Agenda to build people capability across Shell India.
• Create and foster a continuous learning orientation and culture within the business.
o Develop strong business partnership with all Line Managers and HR to understand Shell Staff development needs, provide learning expertise as required to support the people capability agenda.
Demonstrate strong expertise in training and facilitation skills, including (but not limited to) the use of various learning
tools, media and methods with diverse audiences.
o Support the Cluster Learning Advisor in the delivery of the learning plan and implementation of Global/Local
projects/initiatives and learning interventions for the country - including direct facilitation of training events to retail
staff and retailers in India.
• Manage budgets, administration and end-to-end processes governing all learning activites for both the direct and indirect
• Manage the 3rd Party Training agencies, responsible to upskill Service Champions across India as per agreed terms with the
business. Drive and support the Train the Trainer concept: Ensure Retailers & onsite trainers are equipped with the tools and skills to train their staff using fit-for-purpose content, methodology and materials.
• Set up and maintain the Retail Academy as per the standards agreed with Sales&Operations.
• Prior experience in HR and Commercial roles within Retail are considered. Strong experience of at least 3 years in a Learning
role with facilitation, intervention and instructional design exposure will be preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate and employ strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills across a wide group of
stakeholders both internally and externally, in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
• Able to work as part of a virtual learning community with high self-accountability and to operate and perform with minimum
• Able to deliver results through others (e.g. External training agency, Subject Matter Experts, etc)
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Basic proficiency in one or two of vernacular languages of Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati and Marathi will be given
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 08-Oct-2017