AECOM Project Manager 1 in Bangui, Central African Republic
Business Line Government
Position Title Project Manager 1
Central African Republic - Ombella-M'poko
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for overall operation of a project/contract to include the safety and well-being of its employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally represents the company with respect to the customer
1) Working under the supervision of a senior PM or above demonstrates and provides project leadership in their area of responsibility.
2) Identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
3) Ensures development and adherence to the project Work Breakdown Structure, Asset Management, and Workflow Management elements.
4) Expand the Project Execution Plan for subsequent phases (Project Initiation, Project Execution, Construction, etc.) and communicates and coordinates the implementation of the enhancements with the project team.
5) Establish track and report status against key performance indicators or contractual metrics on a routine basis.
6) Participate in the establishment of project organizational structure in support of proposal efforts.
7) Demonstrates command of the schedule goals, key milestones, and approach to the work embodied in the schedule.
8) Ensures that a firm scope-based schedule baseline is established and properly resourced.
9) Demonstrates knowledge of the schedule tools, procedures, and work process.
10) Reviews, reports and manages key performance measures defined within the contract. Implements corrective measures when measures are outside service levels or bandwidths.
11) Consistently meets or improves upon the established schedule goals in their area of responsibility.
12) Manages performance and progress against the plan and ensures accurate forecasts with commensurate action plans.
13) Establishes annual operating budgets in cooperation with customer, business manager or group financial department.
14) Provides accurate monthly forecasts of cost, schedule, and resource utilization.
15) Works with Business Development to increase scope of services on existing contracts.
16) Supports BD, and Group management in Contract negotiations with customers.
17) Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Work location is in austere location with a degree of political and security risk.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent and 8 years relative experience. Minimum of five (5) years of experience directly related to tasks involving procurement of military equipment and/or provision of new equipment training, within the last ten (10) years. Minimum of three (3) years of prior professional experience in sub-Saharan Africa. Minimum of two (2) years of prior experience as Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position will require travel and must already be in possession of a passport with 6 months validity.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Country Central African Republic
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163394BR