AECOM Senior Civil Engineer - Water Utilities in Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Business Line Water
Position Title Senior Civil Engineer - Water Utilities
United Kingdom - Hampshire
AECOM is looking to employ a Senior Engineer to work within our growing Water consulting team in Basingstoke. The candidate will be expected to have been involved in various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects and capable of working independently where required. Key responsibilities will include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications and proposals for water related infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for key local and regional clients.
• You will hold a BSc or BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• You will understand the importance of Health and Safety in design and contribute to our positive health and safety culture
• You will have knowledge of one, or all, of the following;
Clean water networks, pump stations, reservoirs and treatment works design.
Waste water networks including gravity systems, rising mains and treatment works design.
Surface water network including gravity networks, pump stations and outfalls.
• Experience of pressurised pipe and/or gravitational system hydraulic modelling software
• You will be expected to understand the importance of project delivery to budget and schedule and manage work effectively to achieve set targets
• It is essential that you have excellent interpersonal skills, using these to develop and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and external clients where required.
• Demonstrate sound problem solving skills, accountability for assigned work, and solid written and communication skills.
• You will be chartered with a relevant institution (e.g ICE or CIWEM) or working towards chartership
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 159246BR