Hilton Executive Chef in Batu Ferringghi, Malaysia
An Executive Chef with Doubletree by Hilton will build a reputation for the hotel by maintaining a talented and creative kitchen brigade, offering an innovation menu, and promising an exceptional culinary experience.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
It all starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie, a simple touch that sets the tone to create a rewarding experience for a guest's entire stay. DoubleTree by Hilton understands that doing the little things well can mean everything.
If you appreciate the little things and enjoy creating exceptional experiences through perfecting little details, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with DoubleTree by Hilton. Because it’s at the DoubleTree at Hilton where the little things mean everything.
What will I be doing?
As Executive Chef, you are fully responsible for developing the reputation of the hotel through the production of excellent quality food throughout the hotel, and the development of a high quality kitchen brigade. An Executive Chef will oversee the operational management of the kitchen and Team Members. Specifically, an Executive Chef will perform the following tasks to the highest standards
- Lead of the kitchen brigade and ensure ongoing development of Team Members
- Identify an effective approach to succession planning
- Create menus that meet and exceed customers’ needs and conform to brand standards
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
- Develop positive customer relations through proactive interaction with Guests, Team Members, contractors, and suppliers
- Resolve, promptly and completely, any issues that may arise in the kitchen or related areas among Guests and Team Members
- Manage department operations, including budgeting, forecasting, resource planning, and waste management
What are we looking for?
A Executive Chef serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous, relevant experience as an Executive Chef or a high-performing Sous Chef in a first class property, required
- Excellent leadership skills
- A creative approach to the production of high quality food
- A business focused approach to managing a hotel kitchen
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships, internal and external, to the hotel and the Company
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- A certification in management, preferred
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, preferred
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about DoubleTree by Hilton --- where the little things mean everything.
More than 250 properties in countries throughout the world
More than 230 million cookies have been served, and still baking!
Hotel chain continues to grow rapidly
Features the signature Sweet Dreams Sleep Experience
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Executive Chef
Requisition ID: HOT020TT