Frontier Communications CUSTOMER ZONE TECH II in BAYTOWN, Texas
Posted Internally: 8/9/17-8/16/17
Location: BAYTOWN, TX - 8304 N MAIN ST (TX511)
Frontier Communications Corporation, now a Fortune 500 and S&P; 500 company, is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure digital protection solutions. Frontier Business Edge offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. Frontier's approximately 28,600 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
* *Performs tasks necessary for service order and repair activity associated with sealed/ unseated network facilities (copper and fiber) from central office frames to CPE systems. Provide installation and maintenance of voice, data, and ancillary equipment, and network services. Installs, maintains, rearranges, repairs and removes cables, terminals and other associated apparatus in the outside and inside plant network. Performs other duties as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following: * ** *
- Installs, removes, rearranges, programs, tests, troubleshoots and maintains voice, data and ancillary equipment and network services.
- Installs, maintains and repairs outside and inside plant equipment/facilities and inside wire. Locates cable and associated equipment faults, effects repair and restores service outages. Performs cable pair recovery activity.
- Interfaces with customer to further analyze installation and repair issues. Responds to inquiries and provides follow-up.
- Interprets schematic work order drawings to determine job specifications and installation needs. Orders and/or obtains required equipment. Effects problem solving where appropriate.
- Utilizes various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble and takes appropriate maintenance action.
- Operates standard and aerial lift vehicles and manual, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, electronic, gasoline, propane and power actuated tools and equipment.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests– Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Ability to identify and distinguish audible tones/levels and colors.
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to lift and carry tool boxes, drop wire, parts containers and installation loads, test equipment, generators, manhole/pullbox covers, etc.
- Ability to climb poles/ladders.
- Ability to lift, carry, set-up, climb and take down ladders.
- Ability to communicate naturally and pleasantly over the telephone and/or in person.
- Requires alertness and attention to detail. Ability to work under stress.
- A valid driver’s license. Able to meet medical and driver certification. Requirements as established by the DOT Federal Highway Safety Act. Not restricted to daylight hours. May require more specialized driver’s License, such as Chauffeur’s License, based on State Regulations.
- Able to read and interpret architectural, electrical wiring diagrams.
- Able to operate test equipment such as VOM, test sets, etc.
- Ability to qualify for DOD security clearance.
One year experience in one or a combination of: Equipment Installer, Cable Splicer, Lineworker, Customer Service Specialist, Switching Specialist, Switching Technician.
Desire a degree in electronics technology, to include successful completion of digital logic, electronic communications, and microprocessor fundamentals from an accredited or recognized educational institution.
Required Skills: Required: Successful completion of pole climbing training
Job Location: BAYTOWN, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 318715-798