Hilton Assistant Director of Sales in Beijing, China
An Assistant Director of Sales with Hilton Hotels and Resorts manages the hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local marketplace.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brandﾒs reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because itﾒs with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Sales, you are responsible for working closely with the Senior Management Team to drive business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels. An Assistant Director of Sales would work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing sales team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage hotel sales and marketing plans to ensure they accurately interpret and support the objectives of the business and use these plans to focus the sales efforts for all market segments
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support
- Contribute to the development of company sales and marketing initiatives by recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate local activity
- Organise comprehensive information describing the range of products and services offered by the hotel and deliver this information through relevant sales resources and sales channels to existing and potential Guests
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel and the management company
- Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive sales team to the hotel owners and senior management team
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Monitor offers, options and discounts for repeat bookings for groups, congresses and seminars in close cooperation with the Group Coordinator
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Director of Sales serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
- More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
- Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guestrooms
- Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
- More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
- Harris Poll EquiTrendﾮ, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
- Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry
Job: Sales and Marketing
Title: Assistant Director of Sales
Requisition ID: BUS014OF