Comcast Region Automotive Specialist in Bingham Farms, Michigan
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Primary Purpose: The Automotive Sales Specialist will support the Region Automotive Sales Director's sales efforts in the automotive category. The Auto Sales Specialist will be responsible for collaborating and socializing the company's automotive sales strategy while providing expertise and knowledge about Spotlight's automotive strategy and tactics. Responsible for providing strategic market level insights into the automotive category and communicate these insights to the managers and account executives. This position will leverage research tools such as Nielsen, Kantar, Polk and Rhiza and build presentations that help assist our automotive prospects in becoming a media partner for automotive clients.
- Reports directly to Region Auto Sales Director and respective territory to be covered there within.
Assists in training AEs with automotive accounts on Polk scorecards and Loyalty data to find the best opportunity for new business and upgrades among a market's dealer universe.
Aids and assists in dealer-specific story development through the use of Polk, Rhiza, research and other planning resources.
- Researches and identifies new business opportunities and participates in creating sales strategies.
- Project work to include automotive co-op initiatives (i.e. FCA preferred vendor program), ownership group strategy, music initiative for automotive and related automotive training. Assist with materials, help track progress and communicate updates with sales teams.
Maintains a high-level of automotive product and technical knowledge. Researches clients' needs and identifies opportunities for business development; maintains knowledge of competitive media products and service offerings; researches client's history of advertising products and services purchases.
Works with client solutions department in developing compelling auto focused presentations for new and existing accounts in an effort to maximize revenue and increase Tier 2 and Tier 3 penetration.
- Trains and updates client solutions specialists on automotive data and best practices.
- Assists Regional Auto Director in communication of key industry trends and manufacturer updates to sales teams.
- Assists Regional Auto Director to identify key contacts for local manufacturer reps, dealer group presidents, and ownership group principles.
- Assists Regional Auto Director with the development and maintenance of strategy (and prospecting) lists including key accounts, low share and no share targets.
- Stays up to date on internal and auto industry news and trends that may have an impact on our auto clients' business or present opportunities for greater spending with our company.
- Works with research analysts to become experts in Polk/Rhiza and other automotive industry competitive/analysis tools.
- Monitors automotive competitive activity and market conditions, providing feedback and suggestions to management regarding new marketing solution offerings that includes actionable and accountability metrics.
- Works on auto sales related projects as assigned by Regional Auto Director.
- Act as a liaison between client solutions, research and sales teams.
- Uses automotive marketing expertise and resources to help Account Executives build strong advisory relationships with automotive clients
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Marketing, Business
- Generally requires 1-3 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer