HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist in Blacksburg, Virginia
- Greet patient utilizing AIDET
- Selects equipment according to age of patient.
- Performs specimen collectionusing proper technique for venipuncture, finger and heel stick transporting specimens to the laboratory safely and efficiently
- Complies with all processes designed to reduce and/or prevent healthcare acquired infections
Utilizes personal protective and sharps safety equipment & utilizes standard precautions as indicated
Utilizes hand hygiene practices following requirements of policy & adheres to isolation precautions as indicated
7.Demonstrates knowledge and response to emergency plans
- Reports unsafe conditions and initiates work orders as appropriate
- Utilizes equipment in a safe manner.* * 10.Processes orders and results into the LIS accurately. 11.Dispatches specimens to the reference laboratory accurately. Problem solves specimen inquiries and pending reports as they occur. 12.Completes drug testing collection, requisitions and dispatches them to the appropriate reference lab.
- Preserves privacy through maintenance of confidentiality in communication, patient care and documentation, as per HIPAA requirements
- Assists in identifying and communication oppportunities to reduce factors that may contribute to unwanted outcomes or adverse events**
- Maintains departments records according to policy
Maintains department manuals according to CAP guidelines if applicable
- Demonstrates use of proper equipment and knowledge of anatomy of heel sticks
18 Communicates to toddlers in 3-4 word sentences and recognizes fear of confinement.
Selects appropriate equipment for pre-school children based on size.
Communicates to children appropriately including them in decision making.
Provides for privacy in adolescents and uses correct terminology
Communicates to adults addressing them as Ms/Mr. And respects modesty
Assesses skin before applying tape in geriatric patients and demonstrates awareness of hearing devices.
Other duties as assigned.
- *_Minimum Requirements_
Education: High School
Experience: None required, but preferred
Location: Virginia-Blacksburg-LewisGale Hospital-Montgomery
Requisition ID: 00033-18129