Eaton Corporation Operations Director ICPD in Bonn, Germany
Eaton is dedicated to ensuring that reliable, efficient and safe power is available when it’s needed most. With unparalleled knowledge of electrical power management across industries, experts at Eaton deliver customized, integrated solutions to solve our customers’ most critical challenges. Our focus is on delivering the right solution for the application. But, decision makers demand more than just innovative products. They turn to Eaton for an unwavering commitment to personal support that makes customer success a top priority.
Operations Director EMEA - ICPD
Location: Bonn, DE
The Operations Director will work closely with functional electrical sector leadership to ensure alignment of operations strategy by managing and directing regional operations, industrial and manufacturing engineering as well as manufacturing logistics in order to achieve production objectives consistent with overall quality and on time performance requirements. Within the framework of the “Eaton Philosophy and Values” and the Eaton Business System, he/she will be responsible for supporting positive employee relations and demonstrating the behaviors as characterized in the Eaton Leadership Model. The incumbent will drive the divisional operations strategy and implement the operations objectives into the Industrial Controls and Protection Division operations network optimizing the overall production costs of related products (product transitions, outsource etc.) across all sites.
· Leads and motivates a team of entrepreneurial Plant Managers at all locations to achieve market and profitability growth in ICPD’s respective products.
· Set up the divisional mid and long term manufacturing strategy.
· Directs and establishes objectives for individual plant operation activities which include local P&L and defined other operational metrics
· Works in conjunction with the ICPD leadership team to develop and implement market driven strategies by defining and setting strategic impacts in ICPD’s operation views and implements those into the ICPD operations production network
· Develops and executes strategic capital spending plans for all operations (plants) to assure adequate capacity to meet division and product line growth objectives, and approves and manages the development and administration of competitive wage/salary and benefit plans
· Ensures the structure and organization of the area production according to EBS and the defined functions in line with Quality Management acc. to ISO9000 series and ISO14000 series
· Defines and executes on the ICPD operations and manufacturing strategy in close cooperation with the divisional Product Line Management and Engineering Managements and coordinates with other Eaton manufacturing plants
· Oversees the deployment, and disciplined use of lean and cost out tools and activities to ensure the achievement of the divisional cost out targets and improve competitiveness of products
· Defines a cost optimized product allocation by optimizing the overall production costs of ICPD-products across all sites and has project ownerships for production transition projects
· Directs the ICPD logistics including its production planning within the ICPD production network
· Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
· Consolidated experience in operations.
· Significant experience in managing multiple site operations.
· Highly motivational management and leadership skills
· Broad understanding of EBS (Eaton business System) or similar foundation tools & processes for fueling growth & innovation, increasing profit margins and decreasing costs.
· Proven production and OPEX knowledge and a solid background in electro technical products
· Basic knowledge of various manufacturing operations processes
· Experiences in dealing with co-determined and/or unionized locations
· Experienced in multi-cultural working environments and developing communication strategies across them
· Fluent English and German language skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time