Eaton Corporation Senior Marketing Manager for West Europe in Bonn, Germany
Eaton's Electrical Sector has an opening for a:
Senior Marketing Manager for West Europe
Location: Bonn preferred, alternatively Paris, Milan, Vienna or Barcelona.
This position is responsible for leading all the Marketing operations, activities and initiatives for Eaton’s Electrical Sector in the West Europe region (cluster of 9 countries) for driving profitable, growth-oriented marketing programs and development activity for all Electrical Sector industry segments and product lines in close cooperation with the regional sales VP; countries sales and Business Unit leaders; division marketing managers as well as the Electrical Sector EMEA central marketing team to drive activity and success.
The Senior Marketing Manager for West Europe will lead a team of up to 50 skilled Marketing colleagues through 8 direct reports located across 9 different countries.
The Position is preferably located in Bonn but could also be located in Paris, Milan, Vienna or Barcelona.
• Responsible for leading the development of an integrated marketing plan, defining priority and choice and targeting customers in the key selected industry segments in the West Europe region aligned with sales target and supporting local growth initiatives.
• Drive the organization and process change to transform the actual marketing activities, in the regions, to be aligned with the new Electrical Sector marketing vision, with the divisions and with the marketing best practices in the industry.
• Reinforce marketing tools, process and content standardizations to execute measurable, efficient and data-driven marketing activities.
• Manage the regional and marketing teams, setting goals and directions.
• Work with the regional sales VP and country sales leaders to define strategic and marketing plans to focus on the right segment and initiatives driving sales grow in the region.
• Build a marketing community and modus operandi which will increase regional and central cooperation to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing activities in region.
• Expand the marketing activities to the identified axis: marketing intelligence, offer support, channel marketing, segment approach, pricing management, communications activities including digital marketing, PR and events.
• Support a culture of continuous improvement and share impact of all marketing programs and activities with wider EMEA team to support development of functional excellence.
• Manage the marketing budget in the region in alignment with the central marketing budget.
• University Degree in Engineering or Business school. MBA a plus
• 10 years' experience in multinational organizations (Industrial Manufacturing or FMCG sectors) working in complex organizational setups
• Ability to define, articulate and promote a technical and commercial vision for a complex application
• Ability to execute multiple and complex projects simultaneously
• Ability to work in a highly international environment (virtual teams / matrix organization)
• Experience leading teams with direct and functional responsibility
• Great learning and listening ability
• Ability to think and act strategically
• Ability to drive change
• Must be strongly customer-oriented
• Good communications and interpersonal skills
• Fluency in English is a must, fluency in German will be a strong advantage
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time