WindStream Communications Consulting Manager - Boston Retail Partners (RR) in Boston, Massachusetts
Boston Retail Partners ( BRP ) is an innovative and independent retail management consulting firm dedicated to providing superior service and enduring value to our clients. BRP combines its consultants' deep retail business knowledge and cross-functional capabilities to deliver superior design and implementation of strategy, technology, and process solutions. The firm's unique combination of industry focus, knowledge-based approach, and rapid, end-to-end solution deployment helps clients to achieve their business potential.
We are currently looking for one or more experienced Managers with a strong consulting and retail background to join our team. Successful candidates should demonstrate leadership and flexibility. Candidates must be able to build rapport with clients, team members, and senior executives. The individual in this role must be able to tactfully apply skills and methodology to lead projects.
Managers work across various practice areas and must be able to understand various retail business processes and build credibility quickly. Typical practice areas include Unified Commerce; Point of Sale; Customer Engagement; Ecommerce; Mobile; CRM / Loyalty; Order Management; Merchandising; and Supply Chain.
Responsibilities vary by engagement but could include :
· Plan, lead, coordinate and manage all client engagement activities
· Responsible for overall project guidance and leadership of delivery
· Liaison between client business and technical teams and if applicable solution partners
· Serve as primary point of contact for project issues, status reporting and overall communication between project teams including the Project Sponsor and/or Client Steering Committee
· Manage the overall budget, scope and timeline of the client engagements
· Provide functional or technical subject matter expertise during all phases of client engagement, including strategy, system selection, business process optimization and implementation
· Lead and/or assist in creation of specified client deliverables
· Lead and/or assist in facilitation of client and/or vendor meetings, workshops, etc.
· Provide vendor solution specific expertise as needed across various client engagements
· 8 years consulting and retail experience
· Proven success in managing large complex projects/programs
· Management consulting experience driving business requirements, identifying gaps and omissions, and designing solutions
· Highly competent with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
· Excellent interpersonal/communication and organizational skills
· Adaptable self-starter skilled in creating structure in ambiguous environments
· Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project management and able to deliver enterprise-level projects
· Demonstrated track record of managing large and complex consulting engagements; including a role in managing and across multiple levels of client organizations
· Experience with one or more strategy, technology selection, and implementation methodologies
· Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
· Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Primary Location: *US-Massachusetts-Boston
Job Category: *Administrative Services
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability Employer. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 17000982
Other Locations: US-New York-New York