Frontier Communications Vehicle Maintenance Technician - Bowling Green, OH in BOWLING GREEN, Ohio
INTERNAL POSTING DATES: 6/26/17 to 7/5/17
NEED TO BE ASE Master Certified, hold or be able to obtain CDL *
Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Performs maintenance and repair of internal combustion engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical systems, ignition and fuel systems, hydraulic systems, and steering and running gears; overhauls starters, generators, alternators, and carburetors; performs preventative maintenance inspection; tests, analyzes, make adjustments, and repairs to company motor vehicles; makes use of standard automotive tools, and test equipment plus written material; maintains automotive equipment service records; welds with both gas and electric including vertical welding; provides hands-on training of other garage employees; and performs other related duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following: * *
Maintains company fleet and mobile tools as per job overview.
- Interdepartmental - Moderate
- Intradepartmental - Moderate
- Customer - Seldom
- Vendor – Moderate
TRAVEL RELATED: Frequent - Normally within headquarters
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Hand Tools
- Air Tools
- Gas Welding & Cutting Equipment
- AC and DC Welders
- Test Equipment
May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests – Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Job requires lifting up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 125 pounds infrequently; climbing ladder up to 15 feet; some pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, and stooping; prolonged standing; and manual dexterity.
- Must hold and maintain ASE Master Automobile or Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
- Must have ability to work independently.
- Good driving skills, and ability to work with hand tools and automotive test equipment.
- After April 1, 1992, employee in this classification will be required to have a Commercial Driver's License prior to obtaining this position or obtain it within 60 days after hiring.
Frontier Communications is an equal opportunity employer
Job Location: BOWLING GREEN, Ohio, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 318707-798