Frontier Communications LOCAL MANAGER - Bradenton in BRADENTON, Florida
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation, now a Fortune 500 and S&P; 500 company, is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure digital protection solutions. Frontier Business Edge offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. Frontier's approximately 28,600 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Scope & Responsibilities
Summary of Position Frontier’s leadership team will bring to life our Leadership Model focusing on Operations Proficiency, Employee Relations, Community Relations, Competition, and Customer Ownership. From fostering innovation and working cross-functionally to driving performance and delivering results through customer contact and community involvement the Frontier leadership model will allow us to exceed our market growth targets and delivery 100% employee and customer satisfaction.
This position will represent the company within the geographic area and will supervise a team focused on Outside Plant Engineering and Outside Plant Construction to include cable placement, line work and splicing.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of a team focused on meeting client commitment dates, maintaining revenue and expense budget objectives and promotion of new and existing company products.
- Supervision of company and contract forces to ensure that projects are constructed in a timely manner and those projects are in compliance with Frontier's construction, service, quality and safety standards.
- Has solid understanding of the Outside Plant Construction business/department and is able to pull P&L;/budget levers to ensure revenue goals and expense targets are met (i.e., able to manage departmental P&L;/budget)
- Collaborates with local utilities for annual weather restoration plans and additional joint ventures.
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to staff to ensure employee development, engagement and business knowledge; complete bi-annual employee performance appraisals/reviews.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure firm, fair and consistent application of HR practices/policies and labor agreements.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues).
- Maintain a safe work environment by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the work place.
- 5+ years of prior supervisory experience.
- Five years minimum experience in OSP and central office engineering and construction.
- Candidates should have prior experience in the managing of people and meeting schedules and deadlines. Good communications, inter-personnel and organizational skills required. Experience and knowledge of capital project management preferred.
- Knowledge of the practical experience with Outside Plant Engineering and Outside Plant Construction to include cable placement, line work and splicing.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with various switching equipment, optical transport equipment, DSLAM hardware, ATM, TDM, DAC's and various special service hardware.
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and various community leaders to establish relationships and to assist with problem resolution
Training/ Education Required:
- BA/BS in Telecommunications, Operations Management or Business Administration preferred
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location: BRADENTON, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 319085-798