Frontier Communications Automobile Technician - Bridgeport, WV in BRIDGEPORT, West Virginia
INTERNAL POSTING DATES: 6/30/17 to 7/14/17
*AUTOMOBILE TECHNICIAN *
*ASE Masters Certified in either automobile/light truck or medium/heavy truck
REQUIRED: Commercial Driver’s License Class A *
The following job description may include numerous positions/functions within the classification and provides only a general outline of responsibilities. It does not include every function/duty, nor every criteria of the position.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Services, repairs, and maintains Company vehicles, mounted equipment, and mobile tools in accordance with Federal, State, and Corporate practices, procedures, and schedules.
- Responsible for conducting and accurately interpreting the results of diagnostic tests performed on the computerized digital systems of the vehicular, mounted equipment, and mobile tool Fleet and for taking action to correct or repair the system problems as diagnosed.
- Proficiently uses precision tools and test equipment for diagnosing, analyzing, and correcting discrepancies on computerized vehicular, mobile tool, and mounted equipment systems.
- Perform maintenance, repair, and servicing on all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of all Company vehicles, mounted equipment, and mobile tools.
- Maintain all vehicle, mounted equipment, and mobile tool records and paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Follow all appropriate laws, environmental and safety procedures and regulations, and Company policies and procedures.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests – Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers.
- Must possess the ability to perceive difference in color
- Must possess basic keyboard skills, alpha and numeric, and be computer literate.
- Able to lift, push, or pull heavy items frequently from 15 to 120 pounds (normally with the aid of a lifting or moving device).
- Able to climb a ladder.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have five years of mechanical experience.
- Must be ASE Masters Certified in either automobile/light truck or medium/heavy truck (Master Certification is defined as attaining certification in the automotive areas of A1 through A8 in the ASE accreditation process).
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must possess any required state certificates (depending upon state regulations) Attain additional certifications as required by Region Management.
- Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License Class A, air brake certified. Must not be restricted to daylight hours or automatic transmission.
- May be required to possess an ASE certification for Advanced Engine Performance Specialist (L1) depending upon state requirement.
- May be required to possess a State Mechanic certificate (if required by the state or if relocating to a state requiring it).
- May be required to possess a State Safety Inspectors certificate (if required by Regional Fleet Management).
- May be required to possess a Department of Transportation Inspector Certificate (if required by Regional Fleet Management).
- Results obtained in standard testing for this position must meet the minimum requirements established by the testing program.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors depending upon the needs of the business.
- May be required to work shift work and/or overtime and may be called out depending upon the needs of the business.
Frontier Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Frontier Communications does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Location: BRIDGEPORT, West Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 318718-798