Hilton Vintaged Bar & Grill - Host/Hostess in Brisbane, Australia
A Host/Hostess at Vintaged Bar and Grill at the Hilton Brisbane is responsible to work in all areas of Food and Beverage as needed and deliver exceptional guest experiences while working cooperatively to achieve departmental targets.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
Here at Hilton Brisbane, we are committed to spreading the light and warmth of Hospitality by delivering exceptional guest experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The Hilton brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
What will I be doing?
As a Vintaged Bar & Grill Host/Hostess, you are predominately responsible to respond and manage the restaurant & room service phones, manage bookings, be the first contact for guests, escort guests to their seats and support the service as required. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Flexibly work in all areas of food & beverage outlets including Vintaged Bar, Vintaged Grill and room service
- Welcome guests in a polite, professional and friendly manner
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
- Prepare and set up tables
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Be the first point of contact in person or via our phones
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
A Vintaged Bar & Grill Host/Hostess is required to perform the following physical duties:
- Continuous walking/ standing for periods of approximately 8 hours with the exception of normal work breaks.
- Regularly carrying trays and plates of food
- Regular twisting and bending
- Lifting/moving furniture such as chairs and tables
- Lifting/moving cutlery & glass racks
What are we looking for?
A Host/Hostess serving Vintaged Bar and Grill is always working eagerly within the team on behalf of our guests. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Outstanding communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Be able to multitask
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or cooperatively within your team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous Food and Beverage and/or industry experience with expertise in a certain area such as section waiter, bar waiter or host etc.
- Experience with cash and phone handling
- Extensive knowledge of food and wine
- Ability to think on your feet
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Culture and Benefits
Our team are responsible for living up to our brand promise of ‘ensuring that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected'. We achieve this by ensuring our Blue Energy culture is alive in each of our hotels. Blue Energy is the unspoken energy and passion behind each of our dedicated team members who are focused on making a difference. It links our vision 'To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality' – to our values of 'Hospitality', 'Integrity', 'Leadership', 'Teamwork', 'Ownership' and 'Now'. As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive;
- A competitive industry wage
- Team member only room rates across Hilton properties worldwide
- Discounts of up to 50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 2500 learning programs
- Career development planning and opportunities
- Bupa private health discount
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Vintaged Bar & Grill - Host/Hostess
Requisition ID: HOT043JZ