AECOM Senior Engineer in Bristol, United Kingdom
Business Line Energy
Position Title Senior Engineer
United Kingdom - Somerset
AECOM is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer from a Mechanical, Process or Chemical Engineering background to join our established Power and Energy team based in Bristol to work on power, energy and desalination projects in the Europe, Middle East, India and Africa region.
Recent projects within the team have included Owner’s Engineer for a major LNG fuelled power station, undertaking the conceptual development of a Combined Heat and Power plant, provision of technical support to new power plant DCO submissions, undertaking due diligence of potential power asset acquisitions and performing O&M audits of a portfolio of combined power and water facilities.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be part of our Process Mechanical Engineering team involved in the design, development and construction of power, energy and desalination projects.
Our projects involve working as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team and you will at times find yourself leading these teams and being responsible for their successful completion.
You will ideally have a background in the power and energy industry, have worked with either power utilities, independent power or distributed power generators and have an appreciation of the challenges and rewards of working in an engineering consultancy business.
The successful candidate will have a willingness to work on UK, European and International based projects and is willing to undertake overseas travel and working.
As a Senior Process Mechanical Engineer you will be expected to:
• Work both independently and as part of a high performing team depending upon the project
• Develop solutions under your own initiative,
• Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
• Generate presentations and present these to senior management, project teams, and customers
• Develop and maintain project plans and schedules to ensure your projects meet the project objectives, achieve project performance targets and gain client acceptance.
• Use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project and have knowledge of relevant thermal process design and assessment tools and related methods including. process and power plant simulation packages and HAZOP processes.
You will have demonstrable experience gained through at least 5 years post-graduate work in an applicable sector to include:
• Process equipment design,
• Generation of Process Flow Diagram’s, P&IDs & Mass / Energy balances,
• Experience of either gas turbines or medium sized gas reciprocating engines and rotating plant in the 2-20MWe range
An appreciation of other power generation technologies, e.g. solar, energy storage, circulating fluidised beds, gasification would be advantageous.
You will have:-
• The ability to write technical and tender specifications in English
• Strong Decision making and process troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity in the preparation of technical specifications for EPC, EPC-M and BOO contracts for the implementation of power projects,
• Familiarity with power station concepts, layout and ancillary systems
• A working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, processes and procedures
• Ideally educated to Bachelor degree level or above in either Mechanical, Process or Chemical Engineering or alternatively have significant technical experience in the power and energy sector
• Chartered or actively working towards chartership with a relevant Institution or alternatively holding Incorporated Engineer status
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Power
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 160401BR