HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Outpatient PRN in Brownsville TX, Texas
Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – Outpatient
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
* 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
Open Heart Surgery
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Valley Regional Medical Cente r is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) for its Outpatient Services Department . This is a PRN position.
Responsibilities: The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe a therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Plans individualized patient care utilizing an interdisciplinary approach. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital’s mission and vision statement. When acting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeutic environment. Make staff assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff. Serve as role models and clinical resource for the staff. Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff or patient issues. PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: • Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s). • Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients. • Ensures the privacy of our patient and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI). • Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives as listed on the Performance Management Plan. • Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients. • Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures. • Documents all patient care. • Demonstrates critical thinking skills. • Promotes customer service initiatives. • Promotes and exhibits teamwork. • Completes mandatory education. • Complies with hospital policies/procedures and patient safety initiatives.
- Demonstrates airway management skills: respiratory and ventilator management with acid base balance evaluation. Understands Arterial Blood Gases and their interpretation.
- Possesses and demonstrates working knowledge of anesthetic agents and adjuncts, sedation, analgesia, assessment and monitoring.
- Possesses knowledge and demonstrates appropriate interventions related to thermoregulation and malignant hyperthermia.
- Displays knowledge of pain and comfort management measures and uses them appropriately; PONV/PDNV management.
- Displays ability to interpret ECGs and possesses working knowledge of cardiac pharmacology.
- Demonstrates competence in physiological systems review assessment, neurologic assessment.
- Surgery specific –understands operative care, to include assessments and potential complications. Takes appropriate safety and infection control measures at all times. Has working knowledge of hemodynamic monitoring and interpretation.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing • Current TX RN licensure (or eligible for NCLEX) • BCLS required • PACU: ACLS required • PACU: PALS required
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Outpatient PRN
Location: Texas-Brownsville TX-Valley Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00187-5043