Farmers Insurance Commercial Underwriter Service Analyst in Caledonia, Michigan
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Effectively communicates company strategies related to products and advanced underwriting philosophies to both internal and external customers.
- Provides support within established performance standards and priorities that are responsive to marketing, underwriting, retention and service goals.
- Utilizes competencies and skills to maximize customer experience.
- Maintains risk selection integrity by analyzing and processing advanced policy service transactions.
Pursues opportunities to informally inspire, develop and mentor other employees.
Essential Job Functions
Analyze, clarify and resolve advanced policy and account related questions/transactions from internal and external customers and sees them to completion.
- Reviews problems and communicates with appropriate personnel to obtain information when necessary.
- Responds to customer inquiries through appropriate mediums. Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring that policy transactions are issued and changes are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Objectively validates information provided for New Business, Endorsements and Renewal transactions within defined scope of discretion.
- Develops effective working relationships with assigned agent groups. Includes correspondence, phone calls and e-mail to gather and analyze necessary information critical to the underwriting function.
- Reviews accounts for acceptability, eligibility, classification and proper pricing based on assigned products and authority levels.
- Provides documentation for any exceptions to established guidelines along with other critical account information. Conducts proper review in order to prepare referrals for transactions above authority level to Underwriter or Team Manager.
- Reviews and evaluates underwriting tools including Real Quest, Dun and Bradstreet, MVRs, websites, product guides, loss control reports, premium audits, ISO loss costs, prior carrier loss runs and cost estimators to gain an understanding of the loss potential and appropriate price for the exposures presented.
- Processes and inputs all necessary policy transactions through appropriate company systems. Key enters data or prepares worksheets as needed.
- Computes rates and premiums (including premium refunds) and selects the appropriate declarations, coverage forms, exclusions and option coverage in order to complete a policy. Prepares invoices, tracking and checking for account status and premium dollars in the Commercial Accounts and/or billing systems. In addition, computes commissions when necessary.
- Attains performance level standards as outlined in performance objectives. Seeks, accepts and provides feedback to/from others to reach full potential. Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in-house or outside insurance/industry related courses/seminars as deemed necessary to expand product/system knowledge.
- Possesses and acquires advanced subject matter expertise in relevant disciplines. Understands, supports and advocates the organization’s overall strategy. Models, promotes and advocates Farmers Core Values.
Performs other duties as assigned. CORE COMPETENCIES: Business Results: Meets individual performance metrics and goals while contributing to the overall success of the department. Innovation: Identifies, suggests and pilots innovative process changes to support business practices and organizational strategy. Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Presents ideas logically and succinctly. Job Knowledge: Advanced billing, policy processing and complex underwriting. Team Work: Seeks and accepts feedback to/from others to reach full potential and works well with others to include sharing best practices and assists with the development of peers.
Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: standing, carrying/lifting up to 10 pounds, seeing and hearing, walking reaching, pushing and pulling, speaking, reading and writing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent. Four-Year College degree preferred. Pursuit of Commercial Designation in Customer Services, General Insurance Services or other related focus desired.
Proven competency performing Commercial Underwriting Service Advocate essential job function and special skills or relevant experience. Exceeds business results as Commercial Underwriting Service Advocate.
Special Skill Requirement
Typing skills. Intermediate PC skills including knowledge of management information and business systems (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Technical expertise in commercial. Detail oriented and accurate; excellent organizational skills; exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated presentation skills. Ability to present ideas logically and succinctly. Analytical thinking skills to make timely, appropriate decisions and recommendations after reviewing all relevant information. Advanced conflict resolution skills. Ability to perform general mathematical calculations, accounting for major complications. Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Team oriented and a consistent commitment to excellence.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Commercial Underwriter Service Analyst
Requisition ID: 170005GB