Farmers Insurance Selenium Automation Test Specialist in Caledonia, Michigan
We are Farmers! *
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Develops and executes test plans, including Test Scenarios, Objectives, test Cases and data, as well as quality criteria and measurement techniques for application technical testing; analyzes test results and assists with troubleshooting; reviews business requirements for testability, validates system design, ensures system acceptability and reports on status of testing; supports Application Development, Configuration Management, and Change Management groups, as necessary to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle; assists with resolution of issues and training of other Testers, as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains technical test.
- Cases and test data; Utilizes testing tools, as required.
- (May include Integration, System, Regression, Performance / Stress / Volume.)
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability.
- Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs / defect tracking system.
- Ensures that acceptance criteria are met.
- Assists with resolution of environmental issues; supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Analyzes Test Results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis; validates system design.
- Develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques.
- Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups, as necessary, to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle.
- Assists in training of other Testing Specialists.
*Education Requirements: *Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
*Experience Requirements: *
- 2 year's manual testing experience.
- 4 year's automated testing experience.
- Web programming development experience helpful (Java, C , Object oriented etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert level with testing tool Selenium.
- Expert level with testing tool HP UFT.
- Successful experience with developing reusable test automation frameworks.
Special Skill Requirement
- May require occasional travelling
- May require some weekend availability due to software release schedule.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings.
- Understands routing business conversations and written communicates and is able to communicate with few errors.
- Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively.
- Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content.
- Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce *
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Selenium Automation Test Specialist
Requisition ID: 170005RT
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids