AECOM Senior Transport Planning Consultant - Development Planning in Cardiff, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Senior Transport Planning Consultant - Development Planning
United Kingdom - Cardiff
Our South Wales / South West England Development Transport Planning team currently has a vacancy for a Senior Transport Consultant with experience of development transport planning. AECOM are currently expanding their successful regional team and have a need for a Senior Consultant to join the Cardiff office. We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering innovative cost effective solutions to transport and highways issues relating to development projects. You will be proficient in using and analysing data from the various Transportation software packages and be able to produce high quality reports including transport strategies, transport assessments and travel plans. You will have experience of managing projects and delivering to quality, time and budget demands. You will be a good communicator and able to work closely with private and public sector Clients as well as multi-disciplinary teams. The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic and developing team. The candidate will be expected to work closely with our regional team.
The team provides transport planning and highway engineering support to private and public sector Clients from concept through to implementation. AECOM has been established in Cardiff for a long time and have excellent connections to the City and surrounding areas, having been involved in a number of major development projects. The modern and expanding office boasts a multi-disciplinary capability enabling staff to get involved in a range of high profile projects. Our wide range of Clients are from the private and public sectors and include developers, house builders, land owners, blue chip companies, Universities and Local Authorities across the South Wales region.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
• Work from a detailed project brief and deliver high quality work whilst monitoring progress.
• Identify data and information required for projects and select sub-consultants appropriately.
• Prepare fee proposals for senior management approval.
• Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Monitoring financial status and progress of projects to ensure delivery on time, to budget and to Client’s satisfaction.
• Determine computer modelling requirements and ensure effective output from junior staff.
• Establishing strong working relationships with other internal disciplines within AECOM.
• Take an active role in work winning, supporting business development activities including the development of Client relationships.
• A Graduate in Transportation Planning or related subject and with experience of transport planning.
• Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, oversee junior staff and successfully manage projects.
• A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering.
• Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software such as: TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY.
• Understanding of and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, and knowledge of planning and transport policy as applied to development.
• A solid track record of having worked on a variety of transportation planning projects, possibly as a project leader on some, with experience of dealing directly with clients. Strong communication skills able to liaise with Local Authority and government officers.
• A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and ideally a member of a relevant professional body.
BEng, BSc, BA, MSc or other relevant qualifications.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165968BR