HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Critical Care, Registered Nurse (RN) in Cartersville, Georgia
Cartersville is currently hiring for the Director of Critical Care!
Critically ill medical patients are cared for on our 21-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit. Registered nurses, physicians from many specialties, and many other healthcare professionals collaborate to form a diagnosis, treatment, and discharge plan for each individual patient
Take a moment to watchJan's story! What a testimony it is to Cartersville and the staff!
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home toCartersville Medical Center, a growing 119-bed acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you’ll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Healthgrades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at Lakepoint Sports Complex; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville.
As an employee of Cartersville, you’re entitled to a variety of valuable benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage tailored to your needs. Below is a taste of just some of the extras that come with employment at Cartersville Medical Center.
* Tuition reimbursement
* Professional certification bonus
* Competitive retirement plan
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
* Employee Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Auto and Homeowners Discount Programs
1. Must smile and make eye contact.
2. Manages and coordinates assigned unit(s) in the provision of nursing care to neonates/infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatric patient population for which educational background has provided necessary administrative and leadership skills in the Intensive Care Unit and Dialysis contract services.
3. Assesses quality of care, utilization of nursing process, adherence to patient rights, selection of technology and evaluation of nursing resources.
4. Develops and utilizes patient care processes that support nursing care; adheres and supports long range plans and development of staff.
5. Utilizes effective communication skills and interacts with others in a courteous manner.
6. Selects and trains employees, assures educational opportunities, participates in committees, and maintains annual competencies.
7. Provides/coordinates in-services for staff, accepts and performs administrative duties, prepares budgeting needs and evaluates employees.
8. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement.
9. Coordinates systems related to acute stroke care delivery.
10. Knowledgeable of current Clinical Practice Guidelines related to stroke care.
11. Serves as facilitator for Stroke Team, and assists Physician Champion/ Leader in leading improvement activities.
12. Acts as clinical liaison between physicians, department directors and staff related to stroke care delivery.
13. Monitors quality of care issues through team activities. Assists with education of staff related to acute stroke care.
14. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers, and all other customers. 15. Promotes a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment and maintains all safety standards. 16. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current GA RN license.
- BSN degree preferred.
- CCRN preferred.
- Previous 5 years nursing experience, at least 3 years progressive leadership experience preferred.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director of Critical Care, Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Georgia-Cartersville-Cartersville Medical Center-Cartersville
Requisition ID: 08625-6567