HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Paramedic - Emergency Services in Cartersville, Georgia
_TriStar Cartersville Medical Center - Cartersville, GA_ Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing 119-bed acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you’ll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Healthgrades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at Lakepoint Sports Complex; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville.
Cartersville is seeking a* Paramedic / Emergency Medical Technician to work *PRN/As Needed.
Most shifts will be 11:00 am - 11:00 pm or 3:00 pm - 3:00 am.
* Must smile and make eye contact.
* The Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic performs direct patient care within the scope of practice for Paramedic/Technician.
* Performs specific and assigned tasks according to the level of their training and qualifications that are supportive of the nursing process of all patients, infancy through life span. * Must be able to multi-task and perform duties independently. * Performs a variety of clinical tasks to better facilitate patient care by directly assisting nursing and physician staff.
* Performs and documents vital signs, notifies triage nurse or physician on duty of possibly critical patients, communicates as appropriate to waiting room patients.
* Conducts needs analysis to determine need for supplies based on ED volume. * Ensures that physician orders are accurately entered into the computer. * Answers phones and direct inquiries as appropriate. * Supports nursing care of Behavioral Health Patients by direct observation or monitoring based on assigned levels to ensure the safety of the patient and staff.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Responsible for meeting the established policies/standards of practice for this facility.
* Identifies problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patients – and reports and carries out individualized patient care under direct supervision of an RN.
* Daily use of analytical and decision-making skills. * Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement. * Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. * Promotes a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment. * Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC. * When serving as a monitor tech observing Behavioral Health patients via a camera monitor to ensure the safety of the patient, staff and identifies changes in behavior. * While sitting has direct observation of the patient (patient room, camera or in the doorway based upon physician ordered levels) to ensure the safety of the patient, staff and identifies changes in behavior.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Current GA state Paramedic/Emergency Technician certification.
- Basic Healthcare Provider (BLS) Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Previous EMT/EMT-P experience preferred.
- Completion of the Behavioral Health competency checklist.
- Complete de-escalation class within 6 months of hire.
Apply Online Today to join this great Cartersville Team!
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Paramedic - Emergency Services
Location: Georgia-Cartersville-Cartersville Medical Center-Cartersville
Requisition ID: 08625-6670