Comcast Eng 4, Service Assurance (Managed Svcs) in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
* Job Summary: *
Comcast is seeking an experienced network engineer who has the ability to determine support requirements based on customer statements and SOWs. This engineer will interface with our largest Enterprise customers in support of their initial product install as well as ongoing life cycle management. This person will work closely with our customers to evaluate network solutions, troubleshoot issues and ensure a positive implementation process. This individual will work with other network support engineers as well as equipment vendors on a regular basis to ensure timely resolution of issues. This individual will be a key primary interface or our customers and will require in-depth network knowledge and expertise.
- Leads product development and tools development discussion and
- Serves as special point of contact/SME for enterprise tech support
during new product enhancements, tools enhancements. Able to identify
root cause trends and further analyze deep tech data.
- Works on a Comcast specification team when needed.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different
engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Runs larger, more complex projects; documents clearly; refines group
process, delegates tasks, represents team on a project call.
- Works as a designated resource for one or more client accounts, knowing,
in detail, the client solution and technologies provided.
- Produces clear technical documentation, troubleshooting process
documentation, "how to" guides, presentation and training material.
Able to communicate at all levels of the organization clearly and
- Demonstrates knowledge of in-depth understanding of product life
cycle, and designs and architects projects through implementation; has
advanced industry technical knowledge and holds at least one relevant
advanced industry certification.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range
objectives. Determines and pursues course of action necessary to achieve
results. Functions independently.
- Contributes to process improvement; becomes involved in planning
- Provides guidance/mentoring to Engineers 1-3.
- Offers ideas of how to make the product better; identifies and solves
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Skills: *
- In-depth knowledge of Managed Network Services Industry including
retail, branch office and Data Center applications, service provide products
and services perspective. Products knowledge includes Manages Router,
Managed Wi-Fi (cloud and appliance), Managed Security (cloud and appliance)
and Unified Communications
- In-depth knowledge of firewall configuration and maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot and engineer wireless network for optimum coverage and reliability
- Understanding of network traffic analysis, remote access techniques and
systems, stateful inspection, encryption, authentication and authorization technologies
- In-depth knowledge of carrier class data/voice network services (LAN/WAN, routing
protocols, BGP4, MPLS, VPLS, EVPL, POS, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Ciena, Meraki, Mojo, Fortinet, SonicWall,
WatchGuard, and Meraki platforms
- In-depth knowledge of IP implementations, including QoS, Policing, Layer 2/3 environments
- In-depth knowledge of Metro Ethernet, TCP/IP, SIP, VPN, and MPLS technologies
- Demonstrates knowledge of process and procedures around systems and possesses critical
thinking skills to work independently to solve technical issues
* Job Specification: *
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP required
- Generally requires 7 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer