Comcast Product Development Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for assisting in the design of system architectures and solutions that bring to market new and innovative products spanning web service offerings. Assists in the planning, design, integrations, testing, deployment, and support of existing products. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skill in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Uses in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to design, deploy, and solve complex video and data transmission systems that include video compression, fiber optic, and IP distributions.
- Creates system architecture, design and specifications within engineering projects and initiatives
- Executes and supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules, and reliability
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define technical requirements that accompany existing products and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of technical requirements.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements and architecture
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management; including input to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams in the development of internal and third party software in support of detailed architectural designs
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the product features and capabilities
- Provides operational support for all architected and deployed systems. Assists in the diagnoses and resolution of escalated field issues
- Provides technical training to technicians and other operations/engineering groups on current and future technology
- Strives to achieve Company business objectives and engineering objectives in daily activity
- Mentors team members
- Occasional travel
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work variable schedule as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Here are some of the specific technologies we use for Video and Network Distribution:
- Adaptive Bitrate Transcode
- ESNI / ESAM
- 5 year's relevant experience in transmission/distribution engineering and methodology
- Strong project management experience
- Strong proficiency in VISIO
- Excellent communication skills
- Multicast experience preferred, but not required
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer