Comcast Sr. Analyst, Business Intelligence in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for defining business intelligence requirements for individual subject areas; develops conceptual data models, design, build, and test sets of reporting and analytic business intelligence programs. Works cross-functionally to collect data and makes actionable recommendations at all levels. Infers trends from a variety of data sources and confidently delivers their interpretation and conclusion for decision making purposes. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience. Presents data and analysis clearly and articulately to all levels in the organization.
- Is a technical SME in at least one of the disciplines: Database/Data Warehouse, Analytics, Dashboards & Reporting. Is proficient in ALL of the disciplines.
- Serves as function SME in one or more business subjects such as: order management, call center, sales, escalations and financial data.
- Via data analysis, uncover the insights to the business that may be hidden in the data.
- Gathers and analyzes data thoroughly to identify problems of varying complexities and provide business solutions
- Determines relevancy of data and identifies alternative data sources as needed to ensure analytics requested by business owners can be completed.
- Collaborates with both the analytic organization and business owners to turn data into actionable business insights using self-service analytics and reporting tools.
- Provides training to and acts as technical resource for team members.
- Serves as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams; accepts team lead stretch assignments. Presents results, recommendations, and business insights to broader senior leadership team.
- Produces a variety of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Performs basic research on root cause of data anomalies that are uncovered through normal course of analysis.
- Participates in defining business intelligence requirements for projects and data requests.
- Follows best practices and established policies in business intelligence data analysis, maintenance, and data quality.
- Demonstrates forward thinking and plans ahead for potential roadblocks; comprehends bigger picture of the business
- Routinely recommends course of action and/or solution
- Mentors or assists more junior analysts and may provide initial review of their work
- Works independently with minimal direction of an immediate supervisor or manager
- Provides an exceptional customer service to our internal business partners
- Gathers reporting requirements and negotiates deliverables
- Regularly presents work to stakeholders and end users
- Performs all business intelligence analysis and data exploitation. Extracts signals and signatures from raw data, integrates that information with other data sources and compiles/disseminates formatted reports to customers.
- Recommends improvements to competitive business intelligence reports and interpretation of data by sales, business development, product, and executive committees.
- Plans and executes system testing. Requires knowledge of the customer's mission and technology used to accomplish a given task.
- Leads the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects and initiatives delivery.
- Develops, maintains, and reports all relevant product, site, and customer metrics and applies findings to develop appropriate goals and projections.
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical and forecasting tools and statistical analysis.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Technically versed enough to:
- Write complex SQL to query large data platforms such as Teradata, SQL server, CSG, and SAP to obtain data necessary for analysis. OR
- Perform advanced analytics/statistical procedures with the purpose of "turning data into information'. Should be versed in statistical measures (and how to perform them): Correlation, Regression (1st-nth order), Normalization, Forecasting and Clustering). OR
- Develop advanced Tableau dashboards using: LODs, Parameters, Calculated Fields and Analytics.
- Demonstrate proficiency of multiple reporting techniques, including SSRS, SSIS, Tableau, Access, and Excel
- Experience with relational database (RDBMS) required
- Strong ability to analyze data or reports to articulate the "so what" to the business owner or leadership
- NDW knowledge preferred
- CSG, AMDOCS, and SingleView knowledge preferred
- Some travel required (10%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Business, Business Intelligence, Information Systems, or related field
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer