Comcast Sr. Manager, Budgeting Forecasting & Expense Management in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
As a member of the West Division Sales & Marketing Analytics team, this position is responsible for Directing the subscriber and marketing expense forecasting and budgeting as well as expense management for Division Shared Services Marketing.
- Direct Sales & Marketing budget process as point person for regions, division, and corporate. Includes development of budget models, providing budget guidance and assisting in establishing targets.
- Leads a team of managers and analysts
- Collaborates with HQ/Division/Regional Sales & Marketing Leaders as well as cross-functional business partners in and FP&A
- Leads and provides guidance and review for the development of subscriber and expense forecasts and budgets
- Plan and oversee Budgeting and Forecasting activities in accordance with internal Finance timelines
- Review and analyze recurring and ad hoc forecasts for various subscriber products, metrics, and expenses including forecast vs. budget variance analysis.
- Provide analysis to understand key drivers of business trends and support strategic decision-making
- Work with team to develop and refine recurring daily, weekly, and monthly forecast files, reports, and analyses
- Monitor Division Shared Services expense process to ensure timely and accurate booking of actual expenses and accruals as well as providing expense constraints/targets for division
- Provide recommendations to management/Marketing Leads for additional reports, tracking tools and other metrics
- Analyze data to identify risks and opportunities
- Requires the ability to pull data from company financial and subscriber reporting systems and manipulate data for analysis.
- Prepare analysis with EXCEL (including some VB scripting, Macro development, Pivot Tables, and advanced lookup functions).
- As a result of reporting and analysis of detailed information, be prepared to provide read-out and presentation of key findings for strategic initiatives.
- Supports maintenance, management and accuracy of the departmental databases.
- Partners with leadership to support business planning and operational processes throughout the year. Ensures operational plans are consistent with business objectives.
- Develops financial and operational objectives. Analyzes financial and operational reports and communicates findings and risks; makes suggestions to improve processes.
- Facilitates Finance professionals' ability to support business unit management and other departments with informational requests and special projects.
- Possesses understanding of Company policies and procedures and continually implements and reviews policies and procedures for consistency.
- Trains, supervises, and develops Finance staff. Manages the daily activities of the Finance team and makes suggestions to leadership for work performance improvement.
- Makes strategy and operations decisions on the ground floor that directly impact business.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study- Finance, Accounting
Years' Experience-Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer