Comcast Technician 2, Surveillance in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing overall day-to-day monitoring of systems and
for the performance of the National Network Operation Center
surveillance operation for rapid detection and repair of network faults,
including surveillance and fault restoration across multiple technology
disciplines. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable
for individual results and impact on team.
- Monitors databases, networks, operating system devices, and software
applications to detect service degradation and/or failures and errors.
- Tests, analyzes, performs corrective actions; restores equipment and
services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responds to trouble calls/alerts/emails in a timely and professional
- Troubleshoots and/or coordinates troubleshooting efforts for service,
device or network resolution.
- Identifies root causes for issues.
- Develops and improves documentation to enhance and support problem
analysis and resolution.
- Performs trend analysis of systems to ensure optimal performance.
- Performs escalations to Information Technology Operations groups in
accordance with departmental standards and performs notifications as
- Complies with all established policies and procedures.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer