Comcast Technician 2, VOD in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the end-to-end of lifecycle of content via the VOD
system. This includes, but is not limited to: successfully preparing all
media, metadata, schedules, and verifying incoming content; scheduling
and pitching outgoing content; and confirming receipt of content at
customer location. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is
accountable for individual results and impact on team.
- Verifies that all media and metadata follows the current Cable Labs
- Receives and processes media and metadata from content providers.
-Verifies media and metadata are error-free. Works with content provider
to resolve errors.
- Prepares xml, planners, and content for delivery.
- Verifies delivery of assets to customers, monitors the distribution
network, and reconciles discrepancies within the system.
- Provides operations-level expertise and support to production,
enterprise-level non-linear products including the VOD platform,
Streaming and Adpoint.
- Contributes to new non-linear products and their support products as
they are developed, as well as predict how each product will
impact/alter/enhance the current non-linear operations model.
- Documents new operational procedures as necessary.
- Conducts informal training with staff as required on new products or
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Technical Certificate
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer