Northwell Health Speech Pathologist - Casual Pool in Chappaqua, New York
Req Number 001CGZ
Job Category Speech/Hearing Therapy
Evaluates communication disorders and administers therapy treatments for patients with problems associated with hearing, speech, language and swallowing disorders. Maintains records, monitors progress, and counsels patients and their family members. Participates in multidisciplinary consultations.
· Provides speech therapy to in-patient and out-patients.
· Prepares a variety of reports including speech evaluations, daily logs, progress reports, reimbursement forms, and letters to outside facilities.
· Administers diagnostic evaluations.
· Designs, implements and evaluates treatment plans for patients.
· Plans and utilizes activities to develop and maintain patient’s maximum functional ability.
· Counsels patients and patient families regarding results of testing, recommendations and problems associated with hearing, speech, language and swallowing disorders.
· Interprets instrumental swallow assessments and ensure proper treatment of these disorders after diagnosis.
· Engages in research, presentations, and professional conferences and in-service training.
· Participates in clinical staff conferences and meetings. Provides consultation to clinical staff.
· Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
• Master's Degree in Speech/Language Pathology from accredited school
• Experience with trach and vent patients
• Experience with neurologic, medical, & geriatric related dysphagia
• ASHA certification required
• Adult acute care experience
• MBS experience/competence
- Weekend /Holiday Rotation required